• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No power under accel, please read inside

wantsansvt

Veteran CEG'er
Ok guys usually I am pretty good at figuring things out but this one has me stumped. I can free rev the car all the way up the rpm range and it will go all the way to redline. Now if I go wot it will only hit 3400-3500 and act like it is smacking a wall. Car is a 98 SE with a full SVT Swap. Harness ecu everything all came out of a 98 svt with 77k and the car ran great when parted out. any idea?

thanks Billy

Not sure if this helps any, but my 99' SE Duratec was a atx and in neutral I couldn't rev past 4 grand. It revved just enough for the secondaries to open up. I'd imagine with the pcm swap from the SVT that would no longer be an issue for you...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Not sure if this helps any, but my 99' SE Duratec was a atx and in neutral I couldn't rev past 4 grand. It revved just enough for the secondaries to open up. I'd imagine with the pcm swap from the SVT that would no longer be an issue for you...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

My same year SE Duratec ATX does the same. I read somewhere that's intentional. It's a safety feature so you don't blow the motor.

Mine is MTX with the full SVT swap including PCM... never had one do this my mystique didn't even do this when I did the same swap

I'm sorry I didn't realize it was stopping at that point under WOT and not revving any higher. I thought he meant hitting a wall like it rapidly lost power and acted strange. Secondaries open up at that range under WOT conditions.

the secondaries open fine, they will open up under partial throttle, now they will open up when the car acts up also. so I do not believe they are related to this issue. I am leaning towards a fuel pressure regulator or a blockage in the system

has good fuel pressure at idle, drops to about 35psi when it happens, has a new pump in it, fuel filter was replaced and now on to replace the regulator

my 96 mystique with the 2.0 does the same thing, around 3500-3800rpm under WOT it feels like it hits a wall. it sounds like it sputters under WOT. check engine light is one for bad o2 sensors, could that cause the problem i'm having?

Back