• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock clock question

LLADNAR

CEG'er
is this thing supposed to be backlit, i have a CSVT parts car and swapped it out of that one and still doesn't light up at night. if it is backlit can teh bulb be replaced

Wrong. You will have to modify the bulb or socket for w/e you put in there unless you go with a Ford bulb.

WRONG! If you bring the bulb to a good parts store they will be able to get the correct one. I got mine at Parts Plus and it was a direct fit.

They had a bulb like this?

DSCF1277Small.jpg

The clock bulb has the metal contacts attached to the bulb. In order to install any other bulb, they need to be clipped off, the replacement bulb pushed into the socket with the leads on the bulb touching the pieces clipped off the original bulb. I didn't say it's not possible to do, because that's how mine is now with a red incandescent, and I used to have a LED in there before.

So what did your bulb from the store look like?

Actually no, it didn't look like any of those. It came complete with a new plastic base. I'll try and find the number today.

I ordered a few from Bill Jenkins in April and they are 3.63 each... unfortunately my order history info didnt list the part number but I did email Bill to see if he can relay the part number so it can be posted (yet again)

And don't forget to transfer over the green sleeve so the light color matches the rest of the instrumentation. If you are unable to transfer over the sleeve, they are available from www.partexpress.com I don't remember the part number. They are something like $3.00 for a package of ten.

Back