• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taylor Thunder Volt 8.2mm Wires

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Well I must say I'm impressed. They fit like a glove and the holders still worked. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

newwiresas8.jpg

installedgx2.jpg

Crap that was in there before

oldwiresjh3.jpg

The box with part number if anyone wants to order the same...

taylorboxbq9.jpg

Yea, I have some Taylor made wires on my Trans am, and they have great quality wires. I have always been impressed by them.

Definately agree. I have the same ones and they are awesome. I like the way you have your wires coming into the coil pack, mine are all over the place. I'll have to go tidy that up next time I've got the bonnet up.

wtf i ordered mine over a week ago and havet got then. grrrrr

Hey man I waited quite sometime to get mine as well. I ordered mine from Summit Racing and they were out of stock (or didn't stock them) and I had to wait until 9/28 before they would even ship. I ordered them on 9/18. I got a letter in the mail 9/27 saying they wouldn't ship until 10/10. I ended up getting them on 10/9. So yea if you ordered them from Summit Racing you will probably have to wait just as long.

posthuman63t said:
Yea, I have some Taylor made wires on my Trans am, and they have great quality wires. I have always been impressed by them.

Yea I had the Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro universal wires on my 85 Camaro that has a 69 350. I was quite impressed with those wires as well. I actually called Talyor Vertex and asked the tech over the phone what he recommended. He told me that a lot of people with sport compacts have been making big numbers and were very impressed with their Thunder Volt 8.2mm wire sets. So I thought I would give them a shot. So far so good.

just got em and yes they fit like a glove. do they really improve HP? i could get on it cause it was wet out. and i dout i would even notice if there was a 1-2 extra horses

Last edited:
just got em and yes they fit like a glove. do they really improve HP?
They would only improve HP if your current wires were causing you to lose HP. That means regain to what you should have had to begin with.
Plug, wires, or ignition components will never make more power if the spark is firing at the correct time and properly igniting the fuel already. (i.e. working as normal)

I have the 9mm Ford Racing Spark plug wires.....Are the taylor thunder any better?

I think they are of better quality. I've heard people talk about the Ford Racing ones as a hit or miss deal. Talyor Vertex has been around for a long time and this is all they do. As I previously stated I ran the Taylor 8mm Spiro-Pro wires on my Camaro and was very impressed with there quality and fitment. Not to mention their price. I bought my set from Summit Racing shipped to my door for like $61.

heh... I too ran Taylor wires on my '85 z-28. But mine was a universal kit and I had to crimp the ends on. I miss that car.... smashed it into a wall :(

I tried AJUSA and the one they carry for Contour is the 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set (72607). I think the 3rd digit (6) is for color blue. They don't carry 82607 (or 82007, 82207 for black and red). But the 72607 is only $43, and $50 shipped.

I will check with Summit Racing then.

How the hell did you manage that?

A combination of things. I had 275/40-17's all around.. and since they were expensive... they didn't have much tread left. It was also late... I was a little sleepy. I over estimated my cars abilities.

I was getting off the freeway and the exit mated with the street at a 45deg angle... I was going about 50-60mph and turned the wheels, but they didn't do anything. I hit the brakes and it just slid. I hit a concrete barrier with the front-right corner and the whole front end was smashed.

If your's is a Z-28 ATX... pm me if you're interested in a chip. I have a superchip and an Arizona Speed & Marine custom burn.

I tried AJUSA and the one they carry for Contour is the 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set (72607). I think the 3rd digit (6) is for color blue. They don't carry 82607 (or 82007, 82207 for black and red). But the 72607 is only $43, and $50 shipped.

I will check with Summit Racing then.
I got mine from Autopartswarehouse.com cause summit didn't have them in stock. They price match and I received them within a few days of ordering.

dumb question I know but do I need 90* or 130* wires?

If you look at the box below you will see that 135deg is checked off. Either way if you order the part number on the box shown below you will get the correct ones. Taylor makes a direct fit so you can look the part numbers up on their website, which I believe I linked in my initial post. The part numbers are different for the different colors, which are red, black and blue.

The box with part number if anyone wants to order the same...

taylorboxbq9.jpg

On the box I got, "90*" was checked off.. which concerned me. After checking the order paper and finally checking the plugs, they were in fact the correct 135* plugs.

On the box I got, "90*" was checked off.. which concerned me. After checking the order paper and finally checking the plugs, they were in fact the correct 135* plugs.

Where did you get yours from? After looking at Taylor Cable's list of resellers I found that there were a couple of local shops on the list. One only carried universal kits for V8s and the other had no idea what I was talking about!

Back