• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tony Packo's Ohio '09

Mystique97

Veteran CEG'er
Dripping Motorcraft 5w-30 on the mean streets of A
How bout we start this, it's mid-June so I think it's a decent time plus it'll get everyone a chance to schedule for that day.
Can we get a sticky on this please since this is our yearly Ohio meet now. Thanks.
So we all know what happened last year it was on a Sat. and it rained so hopefully that won't happen again, but this year lets make sure it's on a Sun.
How bout,
Sunday July, 26th (That good for everyone?)
Time: 1PM-whenever everyone leaves.
Where: 1902 Front Street, Toledo, OH 43605

So who's going?
1.Mystique97

Here is a link to the Tony Packo's site.
www.tonypackos.com

id like to make another one of these but wasnt last years like a total bust? I went in 07 and there was a killer turnout. i did however have some motivation that made me come up there in the way of parts lol. let me see how this starts looking as far as a turnout and ill consider.

im so not interested in Tony Packos anymore, every time afterwards is a mad rush drive home, and pure destruction of the toilet.

Packos is ok, I only go there once a year for the CEG meet. Since I live in the area I'll look around for better locations. If EOSB will happen then I have a feeling Packos won't.

They have a new Packo's location and a few other good restaurants/bars downtown near the stadium.
I would definitely like to go if I'm in town that weekend.
-J

And by coming up he means 3 months away. LOL! Plenty of other places to hold a gathering. Never understood why ppl went to the same places. Pick a new one everytime IMO.

Well hell...i guess we can do something for the mid of July?

Ok lets think of something new since Packo's is getting old.
Any ideas, if someone has a good idea then I could start a new thread.
I don't know how long of a drive you Michigan guys would like to have, but there is a drive-in A&W here, I am about 2 hours (1.5 hours turn pike) from Toledo.

Toledo is actually a good central location with the major interstates....one of the few things going for it ;)
-J

Probably the ONLY thing going for it other than the college area. Mudhens games are so-so. There are a few state parks around. No interesting museums or decent breweries. There's a small microbrewery called Mutz but I've only been there once and don't remember it very well haha. No D n B's around. We just got a Sonic which isn't that big of a deal anymore. Packo's was probably the only reasonable place for a meet.

i always miss EOSB for college so i'm down to do an end of july thingy if theres interest :)

i know we did that Quaker Steak meet that one time when they had that car show..that was pretty sweet...but its kind of a hike for the michigan guys.

Probably the ONLY thing going for it other than the college area. Mudhens games are so-so. There are a few state parks around. No interesting museums or decent breweries. There's a small microbrewery called Mutz but I've only been there once and don't remember it very well haha. No D n B's around. We just got a Sonic which isn't that big of a deal anymore. Packo's was probably the only reasonable place for a meet.
The Toledo Museum of Art is one of the best anywhere in the world. Is Maumee Bay Brewing Co still around? There is also a place on the Ottawa River that features lake fish that is good. It's on Edgewater Drive just short of the Michigan boarder. The name currently eludes me.
edit: Wesleys on the Water is the name.

If its a cool place that's more of destination Michigan will travel, to a point. I've been following the Hockinheim run in Ohio, now that would kill two birds with one stone, how about something like that:shrug:

Back