• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

turbo svt

contourkid

CEG'er
ok this all just theory and hypothesis.

ok i just put a newer motor in my se with 88,150

and now it is on its way out for my new 1998 svt. basically taking the 4500 and buying the svt.

so would it be easier to buy the 3l and turbo excessories install them out side of the car and install when i get the clutch upgrade?

since i finally found a co-signer for my $15000 loan. oh yes how i may joy the 250 a month for 5 yrs, but thanks to school loans it will be paid for next yr.

and that sad part is that a punk at school is costing my 15000 so i can forever put in his face that no one needs a cobalt ss to be king crap.

i am going for the holy WOW package, the t4 turbo and tunes and such. then i will probably run it down to dsm iowa for the dyno. hoping for about 400+.

and it really isnt for the kids humilation it also for me for a long time.
CK

Yes, much easier to to the build outside the car. I don't really see any other way to do it.

400+ is a dream unless you forge out the internals. You might hit that number once or twice on the dyno with stock stuff but your motor will not last long at that level.

You could, with good tuning, get it running mid 300's.

glad u'd like to hop up your tour. keep in mind it is a front wheel drive. not the strongest axles. too much power isnt too good. besides, you dont need that much power to smoke a cobalt :laugh:

yeah i planed to go all out on this one... all forged internals and a solidly built driveline.

see here is the thing is i want make this kids car eat his ss emblems... he is out of the box preppy rich jackass, i'm more of the outcast gear nut.

so i think that 400 is possible on a built project done by myslef and my ASE dad. lol

CK

You could smoke that cobalt with a 2.5 t, let alone a 3l t. I have smoked sti's and an evo in my 3l turbo and a cobalt dosent stand a change against them.

You could smoke that cobalt with a 2.5 t, let alone a 3l t. I have smoked sti's and an evo in my 3l turbo and a cobalt dosent stand a change against them.

You must be a really great driver, but for the other two guys must blow on the street. Do you have any vids of these races? I would really like to see these cars get beat by CSVT 3l turbo power.

You must be a really great driver, but for the other two guys must blow on the street. Do you have any vids of these races? I would really like to see these cars get beat by CSVT 3l turbo power.

I don't see this hard to belive it's not like he said he beat them from a launch or anything.

I would almost bet he's putting just about the same power if not more to the wheels then a stock sti or evo.

There's also vids on YouTube of 2.5T and 3.0T racing an sti.

Yeah go to Nautilus's website and in customer vids, there is one of reebs's old 3l turbo spanking a sti

no matter what you do you'll have big problems racing from a dig. especially with a big turbo. you don't even need to go with the big number setup for this platform to be fast.

joey just put the nautilus kit on a basically stock 3L and put down 360 at 9 psi! put in a fresh stock 3L motor, and run moderate boost.

hell, run a nicely built N/A 3L and make good power. put a hundred shot on it to make him eat his SS emblems. (this way you only put hard stress on the motor when your using spray)

there are tons of ways to beat other FWD cars, as you have very little disadvantage at that point

I couldnt agree more^^^ I wont race hardly anyone from a dig cause all I will do is spin, but from a roll, thsts where the fun is:cool:

Your correct there the only time I would go from a dig is if I were at the track where you may have a small chance of actually hooking up the littlest bit haha!

But from a roll that's a different story.

what i learnt running mine on the streets(sorry mods) is that many ppl just get too anxious to get going. its about strategy. take the already discussed cobalt ss for example. all u really have to do is reduce wheel spin in first n second by taking off at say 3k so that he's only a car length or two by the time u gain traction. by then, the full fury of the 3L turbo will be unleashed. only few can stand up to that rage. besides, for all the talk about how theres more traction on the tracks than street, my first experience last nite sure tells me otherwise.(reference to thread in dyno forum):)

yeah i will most likely go with a 3l and a moderate turbo build. i like the price of pump gas over race fuel so i dont want to be too extravagent. i was looking at the sage SeVT in the classifieds and it had most of the parts i was alredy looking to put in the stocker that i want to buy so it comes down to the choice of the better car. i like svts but and se is about 60 bucks a month difference on insurance.. and just having an accident about a yr back isnt helping me.

i might be posting my se up here for some cash flow possibilities. lol and just take out a loan for the rest an a nice 3l somthing being svt or SeVT lol.

and a turbo question, t3/t4 or the nautilus pre-setup? i dont like nos b/c it is confusing, illegal on raod and not to mention 5 bucks a pound, and i might have to be defending my title alot so a turbo would be more worth it.

CK

yeah i will most likely go with a 3l and a moderate turbo build. i like the price of pump gas over race fuel so i dont want to be too extravagent. i was looking at the sage SeVT in the classifieds and it had most of the parts i was alredy looking to put in the stocker that i want to buy so it comes down to the choice of the better car. i like svts but and se is about 60 bucks a month difference on insurance.. and just having an accident about a yr back isnt helping me.

i might be posting my se up here for some cash flow possibilities. lol and just take out a loan for the rest an a nice 3l somthing being svt or SeVT lol.

and a turbo question, t3/t4 or the nautilus pre-setup? i dont like nos b/c it is confusing, illegal on raod and not to mention 5 bucks a pound, and i might have to be defending my title alot so a turbo would be more worth it.

CK
nautilus' kit comes with the t3/t4 turbo. t3/t4 is the size.

funny about the 15K. i did that a year and a half ago. befor joey started making kits. i pieced a kit together except piping went all out. 3L, kinger heads that were monster cut, forged rods, diamond racing 9:1 pistons, all the parts to build my tranny. all new rockers, lifters, gaskets, water pump, clutch, spec flywheel, new oil pump, machine work, turbonetics 60-1, Tial BOV, Tial wastegate, FMIC, Apexi Boost Controller, everything i could think of. set money aside that was left over for the pipes and then i moved hope after Wyotech and couldnt find a job for 4 months. money went for living. just now ive paid all my bills and student loan payments so i can fab the pipes up finally. to bad i have the normal stage 5 housing for the turbo because its a 5 bolt discharge, and joeys kit is a 4 bolt, so either i buy the hi-fi housing which is a 4 bolt or fab piping up so i can fit the 5 bolt. either way its getting done in a few months hopefully.

CK

You could buy my '95 with fresh 3L in it for $10K :shrug:

taking a loan for an SVT to put a 3L and turbo into it is stupid

I actually agree, a loan for a highly modded car with no warantee is not smart. I invested wisely and bought mine from procedes from my investment, I wouldnt ever take a loan for a car thats going to need constant attention, plus I hate car payments.:cool:

Eric.. trust me when I say that 400whp will ANNIHILATE a stock STI or EVO. You've ridden in the car, and even driven it.. that was at 6-8psi..... I'm talking about 14psi, now..

Back