• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

University Ave.

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
So I have been heading out to Univ Ave. for the past 4 weeks on Friday. I have been heading out with my friend who has an SRT-4. Well we went back out there tonight and we met up with the SRT club. Bunch of nice guys... But I was thinkin that maybe we can try and get some people together and roll up there sometime. It would be cool to get more SVTs together. I dunno, what do ya'll think? We have been parking at the Wendy's next to Porky's and we have yet to be harassed by the cops. As long as dumbasses don't start doin burnouts, you are ok...haha. I will most likely be up there on Friday and/or Saturday this week so if you wanna be up there too, drop a line and we can coordinate something.

University Avenue runs between Minneapolis and Saint Paul. It is located between 35W and 35E and runs parallel with 94.

ha ha, i'm down:) There's a dude that owns a 3L svt in mound which is like 5mins. from where i'm at and i really wanna know who that is. Hopefully he'll show up to this "wanna be planned event".

So I have been heading out to Univ Ave. for the past 4 weeks on Friday. I have been heading out with my friend who has an SRT-4. Well we went back out there tonight and we met up with the SRT club. Bunch of nice guys... But I was thinkin that maybe we can try and get some people together and roll up there sometime. It would be cool to get more SVTs together. I dunno, what do ya'll think? We have been parking at the Wendy's next to Porky's and we have yet to be harassed by the cops. As long as dumbasses don't start doin burnouts, you are ok...haha. I will most likely be up there on Friday and/or Saturday this week so if you wanna be up there too, drop a line and we can coordinate something.

Ok so i dont know down town very well but the wendy's your talking about is located at University Ave. and what cross road?

I honestly don't know off the top of my head. I know I usually take 35E up and get off on Kellog, take a left onto Kellog and then a right onto Marion Street and then a left onto Univ. Ave. Then you go down a ways and it would be the second Wendy's on the left. I can say that it is the Wendy's to the west of Lexington. I just refer to it as the Wendy's next to Porky's.

http://maps.citysearch.com/map/view/5521374

The star on that map is Porky's, and the Wendy's is to the east of ze star. If you can find Porky's then you just keep driving and you'll see it.

I saw you at wendy's on saturday.... Was going to stop over but by the time I turned around you were already gone. I usually park across the street from Porky's but i rarely drive the contour down there. The cops haven't been too bad this year they just mind their own business and pull over the retards. Which is good, they just make everyone else look bad.

Yeah, I was hanging with an SRT club on Sat...kinda felt a lil outta place. It is kinda neat being the only CSVT down there but it would be nice to get more of us out there ya know? Me and my friend have been meeting down at the unidale strip mall for the past few weeks and that is where a majority of the retards meet up. Every time we were down there the cops have come and broken it up. So we decided to meet somewhere new.

ha ha, i'm down:) There's a dude that owns a 3L svt in mound which is like 5mins. from where i'm at and i really wanna know who that is. Hopefully he'll show up to this "wanna be planned event".

I believe that is Blackstang5.0. I did his transmission swap and clutch install with him.

I've never been down to Uni - but it sounds like fun. It would would only be an after work even for me though, not worth the 100+mi drive.

Yeah, it usually starts picking up around 10pm anyways...I dunno if it would really be worth driving 100 miles for to be honest. Unless you REALLY wanted to. Just a bunch of people getting together to talk about cars and make fun of all of the rice burners and the morons getting pulled over.

I would say its actually better around 8-9ish because you don't get the ricer crowd until after 10 :p

But you can stay down there all the way up to about 1 then people start clearing out. It WILL BE PACKED this weekend as it always is during Back to the 50s! I'll probably go down to North St Paul on Friday night, then around 9 or 10 when that clears out I might head down to university. Saturday night I will be there all night most likely.

Well I don't come up there too often but I do every now and then. I'll be down for a scheduled place and time to meet up. I might be able to get my buddy with his turbo terminator to drive up too, otherwise he'll just ride with me.

Well I don't come up there too often but I do every now and then. I'll be down for a scheduled place and time to meet up. I might be able to get my buddy with his turbo terminator to drive up too, otherwise he'll just ride with me.

I vote turbo terminator :drool: Even though I remember your car is nice as well. :)

Yeah...wasn't me. I never even look in there cuz I can't ever get in there anyways...haha. I will talk to my friend and see when he is planning on being up there and then I will decide what day/s I will come up. They are predicting rain for Friday but we all know how accurate the predictions can be past one day.

Yeah...wasn't me. I never even look in there cuz I can't ever get in there anyways...haha. I will talk to my friend and see when he is planning on being up there and then I will decide what day/s I will come up. They are predicting rain for Friday but we all know how accurate the predictions can be past one day.

Psssht don't let those old farts scare you I've parked there before ;) Just get there earlier and it's not so hard to find a spot.

I've even parked my beater in there a few times :troutslap: As long as you don't have an import they won't give you too many dirty looks.

last year, redlineracer12 and myself were the only SVT contours around. i park a porkys normally and nobody gives me any crap. actually a lot of guys respect us younger guys for working on something with a little class..... now that my 3L is done i'll be around. my car says "clockwork" on the back window in small chrome print.

and tony, i heard the bad news. i know your a DIY'er but if you need a hand, tools, or any 3L stuff i might have you know they are all welcome to you. keep in touch guys

Back