• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vote for local SZ

I already voted for Akron, sorry! Either one is about the same distance from where I'll be. I thought the engine plant/Summit would be cool...Pitt would be cool too!

There are alot of people in and around Pittsburgh that could vote on this. Hell the east coast is an easy drive to here so they all need to vote the Burgh!

honestly...i'm not interested unless it's in michigan where it belongs.

Yeah I read that in the other thread :)
Pittsburgh is an easy drive from NY, PA turnpike has some good stretches too.
BTW, any Pittsburgh area guys have any suggestions for the SZ proposal? I wrote that up real quick, I think BeaverRun, the Northpark autoX, drags at PRP, Starlight cruise, downtown area for pics/show/tunnel runs are good. I also have a shop that can do a dyno day for us. I'm not from the area, but any other ideas would be good.
-J

Yeah I read that in the other thread :)
Pittsburgh is an easy drive from NY, PA turnpike has some good stretches too.
BTW, any Pittsburgh area guys have any suggestions for the SZ proposal? I wrote that up real quick, I think BeaverRun, the Northpark autoX, drags at PRP, Starlight cruise, downtown area for pics/show/tunnel runs are good. I also have a shop that can do a dyno day for us. I'm not from the area, but any other ideas would be good.
-J

Maybe a meet or a sprint (within the speed limit of course) around Shenley Park. Its a great place to meet, great curves, beautiful photo opportunities and close to the city.

I think anything Mid-West would carry the tradition. If MN wins I will most likely get my first chance to attend the All Ford Nationals.

I see this as making it accessible to members in certain regions who can't actually make that insanely long trip. If it's around 6 hours away...I'd be more inclined to actually go.

Oh you guys just need to suck it up and take the road trip if MN wins. It's not that far, besides look at the trip Barge takes every year :rolleyes:

You guys had Ford All Nationals and Cougarfest in your backyard this year. Cougarfest and Ford All Nationals is not Spring Zing, I understand that. However, it's a real treat to have two very worthy Ford national car events in your area.

I'm not suggesting in any way that having Spring Zing in PA does not have it's merits. Just perhaps I would be a bit envious after having Cougarfest and Ford All National's in your backyard for 2010 you guys win Spring Zing for 2011 :D

Back