• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what am i missing?

2slowtour

CEG'er
sup guys after the new years i will be pickin up my 3L motor. 600 bucks with 3000 miles.

i wanna go FI so ive been doing alot of readin and i know what i need and i think im maybe missing a few things.

3L motor with 3L cams svt UIM , LIM split port

new or rebuilt tranny stage 3 clutch.

turbo manifolds

if im using the 3L motor do i have to switch out the oil pan and oil pump and do i keep the 3L timing chains .

innercooler i was think it be cool to have a FMI or maybe a top mount.

I know after that its a good tune.

anyone wanna give some advice ..

best regards phil

"What timing chains do I use?" Typed in "timing chains" and came up with this.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...allposts&Main=1138125&Search=true#Post1138125

Just swap over your oil pan and pump. You can run some others as well.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...d=allposts&Main=585460&Search=true#Post586265

Both a FMIC and TM are less efficient than a water/air intercooler, with a TM being far less effecient. Not to mention, the entire A/C system has to be removed and some trimming of the bumper may need to be done to fit a decent size intercooler.

I take it your planning on doing a custom turbo kit?

Last edited:
sup guys after the new years i will be pickin up my 3L motor. 600 bucks with 3000 miles.

i wanna go FI so ive been doing alot of readin and i know what i need and i think im maybe missing a few things.

3L motor with 3L cams svt UIM , LIM split port

new or rebuilt tranny stage 3 clutch.

turbo manifolds

if im using the 3L motor do i have to switch out the oil pan and oil pump and do i keep the 3L timing chains .

innercooler i was think it be cool to have a FMI or maybe a top mount.

I know after that its a good tune.

anyone wanna give some advice ..

best regards phil

Tranny will NEED a LSD no matter what route you go, new or rebuilt.

Im not 100% on the oil pump and pan...however it is recomended to use the upgrated parts. Upgraded Oil Pan with Baffles 3M4Z-6675-BA, and Upgraded Oil Pump Pickup Screen YL8Z-6622-BA. Other part #s available in the sticky at the top of the older 3L forum.

You will use the timeing components that match the cams you are using. SVT cams, SVT chains, guides ect. If you stay with the 3L cams use the 3L timeing gear.

For the intercooler, as cool as a FMI is Stazi is the only one I know of that has done it and there have been no posted results as to what kind of efficiency he is getting or pressure drop across it. PM him for more details.

Warmonger would be my suggested tuner, he has done his own monster, BurritaSVTs 400whp car, and mine...im sure there is more.

Back