• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's up , ya punks ??

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Hi guys - it's been a while since I popped in & said Hi . What have you guys been up to ?? This place has been DEAD lately ... geez !!!

Time has been fleeting for me . I've been spending a lot of time being a daddy to my two (and a half) year-old girl . It's a lot of work , lol ! My job is slower than in previos years , thanks to the crappy economy , but still holding in there (thank goodness) .
My old shoebox Ford project isn't really "progressing" apart from gathering bits . I have some plans for it that will hopefully get done this winter , so hopefully I'll have some update pics to show in the not-to-distant future . I've been spending my "hot rod time" working on my friend's '50 Ford sedan (mild custom) , which should be roadworthy in the spring .

That's about it for me , apart from needing to restore a vintage pedal car for my daughter this winter (she'll be ready for it next year) .

Anyways - LETS LIVEN THIS JOINT UP !!!

Hi! I'm the new face in this area, just moved up a few months ago. The wife and I are enjoying the area as is our dog. We've been doing some hiking and loving it! After busting my ass a few times this weekend I just bought some mini spikes for our boots so we can go again this weekend with [hopefully] fewer slips. I actually enjoy it with a little snow and ice, a nice change from what I'm used to.

Good to see you around again man!

i was wondering what happened to you.

been waiting for updates on the Ford...
but i can completely understand the daddy thing...time just flies by now.

Nice to see you check in allen!

I just replaced the engine in the protege5 and may be falling into a cheap turbo kit from a mazdaspeed protege. Would be funny to have that car as fast as the svt!

Good to hear that you guys are doin' good too .

A couple years ago , I couldn't imagine NOT spending half the night on the CEG . Boy how wrong I was ! I guess selling my CSVT (like an idiot , I know) totally took the wind out of my CEG sails , so to speak . I've had a couple Contours so far and I can't say that I won't own another one , so it's not totally over for me yet , lol !
I've been spending a good chunk of my online time hanging on hotrod forums & the such researching stuff , helping friends build rods & just generally drooling over all the cool traditional-type stuff the guys come up with , wishing I could afford to cut loose with some nutso custom stuff . Luckily I know enough about metalworking & fab to come up with some easy & low-buck mods to do to the old Ford to set it a bit apart from the stockers out there . Hey - at least it's a FORD !!

I've made so many good friends here at CEG-land , so I need to get back into posting , before everyone tells me to bugger-off for good !

Sometimes life kicks ya in the junk though ... :)

I think this entire year has flown by so fast. Quicker than any year I can remember.
I think part of it was because I had so many things planned to look forward to, so I'd wish everything else to go quickly just so I could get there. lol It worked.
I gotta stop doing that. ;)

Good to hear you're doing well, Allen.

I have to agree this year has gone fast! But being deep into planning a wedding and family events has taken up alot of time. Just about everyother weekend or every weekend we are circling the state. A few weekends ago we went from Enfield -> Monroe for meeting with florist/wedding planner/my parents ->Niantic to the bridal mall to look at brides maid dresses ->New haven for dinner at the Road house -> Enfield. This stated at 7 am and we where back around 8 pm. Its all in good fun though.

Allen I'm with you, life changes, i didn't do much work on the cars this year, but I don't mind that much at all either. Don't worry the SVT is being taken good care of. We both completely enjoy drive in the car. Its sitting nicely under the cover in the garage, only but about 3k miles on it this year which is less then the last years. I put some resent pictures up in the calendar thread.

Yeah, really fast year.... pretty much gone already :rolleyes:.

Since 2006 I have only put on about 25k miles on EGPLNT, that's crazy. Like Brian said, I don't work on them much now and it's kinda nice to just have one they way you want and running well.

Buddy, hang around - we miss your input ;)

im not stealing the thread by saying this is the first time posting anything or looking on this forum since last may....

driving a 2002 wrx wagon now. still have svt.

good to see the regulars are still on here.

I want a WRX. The more I keep seein' them, they cooler I think they'd be to drive. Maybe I need to Shanghai Ryan's Brother's, he's got a nice wagon. :idea:

I want a WRX. The more I keep seein' them, they cooler I think they'd be to drive. Maybe I need to Shanghai Ryan's Brother's, he's got a nice wagon. :idea:

i love driving it. just as fun as the contour, except the seats arent as fun to sit in for over 2 hrs. price you pay for performance. they are rare in wagon form. i wanted a low mile black wrx wagon and settled for a silver one with over 140k. runs great tho.

Meh. They do nothing for me. I think I want one of these for a DD once I make the XJ a weekend toy though.

I think I can live with 20mpg highway.

10_copy_31.jpg

Not a 2002 specifically since I was just looking generically. I saw a ton of WRX wagons with under 100k. Under 5-6-7k wrx would scare me.

bugeyes have always been my favorite gen WRX.. however.. 2002 and 2003 are getting too old. but, you people and your damn old Contours with the newest being 2000.. The new WRX the 2011 are ••••ing HOTT.. when i get back from the Army, it will be my first purchase.. this mazda is kicking my ass in ••••tyness lately

only thing i found wrong on my 146xxx bugeye was the boost selenoid was bad, the self dimming mirror is shot ( i hate them anyhow). So far its better then the Se.

Please dont get a liberty glenn.

Back