• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will you keep you SVT? Will it be worth $$$$?

Will you keep you SVT? Will it be worth $$$$?

• Absolutely Nothing

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • $5,000

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • $30,000

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • $50,000 and up

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
After watching many episodes of R&M classic car auctions i thought about the Contour SVT. Would it ever be a collectible? Would it ever fetch more money than what it was originally worth? I want everyone's opinion. Will you keep your SVT? Will be worth some dough in the distant future?

i have always been a firm believer that if the car is low miles, cherry, and origional, it doesn't matter what kind of car it is,, and since the CSVT is a special model it makes me think that it should be worth good money someday. Not all CSVT's just the nice ones,, my car has tons of miles so it is doomed for a boneyard someday

I believe that statement, too. My car will definitely NOT be worth anything, as I've put more money into it just trying to keep it moving and running. This one will definitely be a keeper for awhile till I get my cash stash built back up :(

I plan to keep my SVT for good. It is almost paid off, and when it is paid off $$ can go towards getting it in pristine condition inside and out. Suspension, rebuild the motor again with forged and pmp internals, custom tune, some really nice brakes, new wheels, and custom interior. Not that I won't ever buy other cars, but it's not worth trying to get any $$ out of the 'tour. Plus, I really still love this car so I might as well keep it.

I don't know if you're directing that towards me, but I don't plan on my SVT in particular to be worth $$. I do agree with you though.

i doubt my cougar will ever be worth alot, but i have changed everything on it, only things original are the engine and the fuel lines and fuel tank and things of that sort. lol. i will say that i enjoy driving this car so much that it will always have a special place in my garage when i become rich and collect cars. it will be the clean black car in the corner that always makes me smile :)

As long as you maintain it, don't beat it, and keep it relatively stock, it'll be valued by at least a niche market. Keeping it garaged is important.

If I had one I wanted to keep into its classic years, I'd store the wheels right away and drive it with aftermarket wheels. Other than an upgraded radio, I wouldn't change much else. Along with the car payments, I'd also put away $20 or so each month to save up for a restoration down the road.

if i get a decent paying job and that saleen contour is back for sale, i just might get it and fix it up a little. i imagine that'll be worth a few bucks in time

Yup, mine will be with me for a very long time. I know I will never be able to get a decent amount of money for it. Even though the SVT isn't as enjoyable as it used to be when I first got it, it sure will be in a couple months here... tuuuurrrrbbboooooooooo

Don't like your poll choices. I believe that (at current market prices) in 20 years a pristine low-mileage SVT will be worth ~20K to the right buyer. Certainly not more than that though, and much less of course for ones in less than brand-new condition.

at some point it will become financially impractical
A lot of things we do are impractical. Everything I've done to my cars has not been wise financially. But that's not the motivation in it. I plan to keep my svt and maybe my rx7 forever. WASTE money keeping them fixed/fixing what is already broke. They may be worth something one day, but I'd probably be lucky to break even down the road. But 20-30 years from now, I could have two rare "antiques" in my garage which would be nice to me even if it's not financially wise.

Back