• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wire harness mod

vallade02

CEG'er
hi all, my csvt has been in the shop awaiting a new harness and the shop finally found one well kind of. they located a new discounted harness for the contour 2.5 and was told it wasnt an exact match for the 98 svt but they can mod it if need be. I was wondering if anyone had any info about this before i tell them to go ahead and buy it.

I'm guessing the entire engine wiring harness since he's got a 98? If you found a discounted new one you better freaking jump on that thing like yesterday because they are not made anymore and impossible to find. Its to the point where industrious CEG'ers are pulling the shot E0 harnesses and rewiring the entire thing themselves with fresh wire.

Hey a regular 2.5L cougar injector harness worked great on my 98 cSVT. I got the harness for $40 from a yunk yard along with lots of extra bolts and hoses. making one from scratch is a pain in the a$$

they have the main harness still.. it seems to be in great shape. its in the Tampa, Fl area.

I have a 1999 SVTC with a return type fuel rail and a wiring harness and XGT2 PCM both from a 2000 returnless SVTC. The car runs great, but I get a P0193 code for a high input from the Fuel Pressure Sensor. The problem is the return type system does not have a FPS and the PCM is always looking for it. With the CEL it will not pass the stinkin emissions here in the ATL metro. No emissions, no plate, no drivey. Its a load of crap.

I have tried to create a MIL Eliminator to trick the PCM into thinking the FPS is there, and it clears the P0193 code, but now I have a P0172 and P0175, System too Rich Bank 1 and 2. I also tried a 1999 Return Type PCM, SFG0, and it did not work at all. There has to be a fix to this.

Good luck with it. Wiring harnesses are hard to find. If you have someone willing to try to mod a wiring harness, they probably know what to do.

Back