Print Thread
#1407945 10/10/05 07:40 PM
G
grossgo Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
G
Got a CEL and downloaded the code, (two of them). It comes up P0402 (EGR Flow Excessive) and P0174 (System Too Lean. Bank 2). There are NO apparent drivability symptoms. In fact she's running great.
Any ideas? Suggestions? BTW, I deleted these codes and they came up again in a day, so it's not some kind of fluke.
Oh yeah, this is a '99 SVT with approx. 136,000 klms. on her.
Thanks, people
Glen

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by grossgo:
Got a CEL and downloaded the code, (two of them). It comes up P0402 (EGR Flow Excessive) and P0174 (System Too Lean. Bank 2). There are NO apparent drivability symptoms. ..
Glen

Pull fuse 4 and 11 for a minute or so. If the codes come back (after a few days), try this thread.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=337774&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

After cleaning, pull fuses 4 and 11 again to clear the memory.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by grossgo:
Got a CEL and downloaded the code, (two of them). It comes up P0402 (EGR Flow Excessive) and P0174 (System Too Lean. Bank 2). There are NO apparent drivability symptoms. In fact she's running great.
Any ideas? Suggestions? BTW, I deleted these codes and they came up again in a day, so it's not some kind of fluke.
Oh yeah, this is a '99 SVT with approx. 136,000 klms. on her.
Thanks, people
Glen

If the O2's have not been replaced it's high time to do so.

Excessive EGR flow will cause a rough low idle. If you never have that problem I would say your DPFE is getting a bit whacked. If you do have a bad idle it could be the DPFE or the EVR is leaking.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
G
grossgo Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
G
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I think I'll try the UIM cleaning on Sunday----the earliest possible day for me, AND the only day sunshine is forecast this week

GT

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard