Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
98SVTC Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Any of you guys that work at dealerships - do you know if when a car is taken in as a trade, is an Oasis report done on it as standard operating procedure? When I bought my pre-owned '98 from an authorized SVT dealer, I asked the sales manager about the water pump, moon roof motor and a few other things, and he just smiled. This is the reply I got from my Oasis inquiry yesterday: "Its had all 5 recalls done, the trans case and half the stuff inside (broken differential teeth), clutch plate and disk (seperate repair from trans), collapsed lifter, a starter, lower control arm (bushing twisted out of it), sunroof motor, a couple wiring repairs, intake man. runner control motor assy, a trans mount torn, and a complete engine assy at 49,000 miles. Looks like a reman was put in. Crank was damaged (concern was rattle noise from engine.)" The car had 68K miles on it when I got it so provided no one beat on the car too badly in the 19K miles before I bought it, I almost got a fairly new car - running gear wise. OTOH it looks like a previous owner was rather rough with the car which could mean I could have other problems down the road.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Some dealers routenly run an OASIS on used cars, others don't. I think it is a good idea, but some don't go through the hassle.

It does sound like an abused car. How is it now?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
98SVTC Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Well, on the whole, the car seems to be fine. It shares daily driver duty with the F150. Someone put lowering springs on it with the stock struts so those are pretty shot but I'll be replacing them when that D2 group buy goes through. It's got the hard shifting when cold issue. I haven't been able to get the plug out of the fill hole yet as I can't get the car high enough in the air to get leverage on a breaker bar. When I accomplish that I'll refill with the Ford honey and see if I have better shifting. Other than that everything seems to be okay.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard