Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
What's with everyone bashing GM? I think the ONLY GM vehicle that is ugly is the Impala. Ugly front, ugly rear, ugly in-the-middle. I think the ONLY good looking Ford product is the ConTiques (although the new T-Bird isnt THAT bad looking.I have a revised list because my mom and I went car shopping for my next car (2002 Bravada, baby!!!) Here's what I saw...

UGLY:

1) Chrysler PT Cruiser with the woody-vinyl sides (the one I saw was purple...)
2) Ford Mustang, can you say "girly car" anyone...?
3: Ford Focus, thing should be called the Out-Of-Focus
4) Ford Taurus - Oval, Oval, Oval....
5) Jeep Puberty...errr Liberty...

BEST LOOKING:

1) BMW 540i (Again, maybe I'm biased... :p )
2) 1995-1997 Mercury Mystique LS, theres just something better looking about the LS'
3) 1989-1990 Pontiac 6000 STE/SE AWD, boxy yes, but they still had more style than the rest of the A-Bodies smile
4) Any GM truck (Bravada, Avalanche, Tahoe, Escalade...)
5) BMW X5

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
S
S
Here's my list:
5 ugglies
1.AMC Pacer(Damn ugly)
2.Pont. Aztec(Hiddious)
3.The Ford 2's Mustang,LTD,etc.(Come on)
4.Mercury Montego(Hell no)
5.YUGO(It's Gone)

5 Worst
1.80's GM,computer carbs, unreliable.
2.Early Taurus-Bad trannies left ya hanging.
3.Sorry but the ford 3.8,ate head gaskets!
4.Chrysler engineering,absolutly no clue,they make s*it boxes.
5.late 80's and up GM,hey every door handle,glove box cover and nob fell of these gems before they where paid off.Couldn't get in/out,couldn't turn on the heat/ac,couldn't even hide a box of granny tissues in the damn glove box.(you can tell my 1 and only GM grand prix pissed me off!!!!)
LATER> :p

2000 contour se sport V6
tropic green,gray leather.
K&N filter,Brembo crossdrilled/slotted rotors,Magnaflow stainless mufflers/Borla tips.
OEM SVT body kit
Hancook winter tires
on Focus wheels.

1999 Ford Explorer XLT,Gray cloth power lumbar,rear a/c and radio,AWD.
K&N filter,Edelbrock IAS shocks,and Backcountry step bars.

Mobil One used in both!
G
G
Worst Ever:

Pinto
Mustang II
Any AMC car
Le Car
1974-1979 Nova
Honda Civics any year but mostly the 70's
Hummers "Sorry they are ugly"
PT Crusier
Focus "All" Sorry excuse for an SVT
Chevy Lumina Van
Geo
Kia
excel
Dawoo
Yugo

2000 SVT Contour Silver

IN Process "3.0L w/Turbo"

Born In Kansas on 12/16/99
Engine Died on 6/18/2002 18,223 still at Ford as of 7/5/02

#986 of 2150
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlight Mystique:
What's with everyone bashing GM? I think the ONLY GM vehicle that is ugly is the Impala. Ugly front, ugly rear, ugly in-the-middle. I think the ONLY good looking Ford product is the ConTiques (although the new T-Bird isnt THAT bad looking.I have a revised list because my mom and I went car shopping for my next car (2002 Bravada, baby!!!) Here's what I saw...

UGLY:

1) Chrysler PT Cruiser with the woody-vinyl sides (the one I saw was purple...)
2) Ford Mustang, can you say "girly car" anyone...?
3: Ford Focus, thing should be called the Out-Of-Focus
4) Ford Taurus - Oval, Oval, Oval....
5) Jeep Puberty...errr Liberty...

BEST LOOKING:

1) BMW 540i (Again, maybe I'm biased... :p )
2) 1995-1997 Mercury Mystique LS, theres just something better looking about the LS'
3) 1989-1990 Pontiac 6000 STE/SE AWD, boxy yes, but they still had more style than the rest of the A-Bodies smile
4) Any GM truck (Bravada, Avalanche, Tahoe, Escalade...)
5) BMW X5

98 silver frost svt
no cats/magnaflows
kkm true-rev
white hvac
ford blue calipers
more to come!!
C
C
oops...forgot to say something above!!!!i bash gm cause i hate gm..and i think most if not all gm cars are crap...my family has experienced first hand 3 gm cars that were lemon lawed..i'd have to say that speaks for itself...ever since then we have only owned fords or foreign cars and no major problems whatsoever....by the way moonlight mystique,this is a ford site,so don't be surprised to hear gm bashing....and as far as you having the nerve to say a mustang is a girlie car,try calling the next cobra that rolls up next to you a girlie car,and watch them show your gm loving a** what a real muscle car is all about(whether its a girl or a guy driving it lol) laugh

98 silver frost svt
no cats/magnaflows
kkm true-rev
white hvac
ford blue calipers
more to come!!
X
X
All of these GM and Chrysler cars.....guys and gals (sorry GM fans) do we see a pattern....I am going to go back on my prior remarks and say anything GM has ever done (except 1.trucks, 2.sports cars, 3.some caddys) wink

C
C
i agree xebrahed..i can probably count on my hands the gm cars that i think are ok looking... laugh

98 silver frost svt
no cats/magnaflows
kkm true-rev
white hvac
ford blue calipers
more to come!!
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
[QUOTE]I would probalby argue that somewhere around 67 was the peak of the muscle car, but thats debatable. The whole phenomenon of the muscle car was based on mfg putting the most powerful engines in their intermediate size cars, which were smaller and nimbler than the full size cars. What you are seeing is that theme continued but to less of an extreme.
Yeah, when it went sour in my aesthetic opinion was when the moderate size muscle car aesthetic bloated up and became the norm for big sloppy family cars... and then they had to turn it around and try to get good mileage, which left them with big sloppy overweight underpowered four-poster beds on wheels... it took them decades to get their heads out of their rectums, and even now they're only peeping out with one eye.

96 GL Zetec ATX, white with pinstripe, nickname " Sam Smooth "
mods so far: CTA intake with homemade heat shield, KVR drilled front rotors & carbon pads w/ 500° fluid
planned mods: exhaust (want to keep it quiet), e-ram (awaiting installation), diablo chip
involuntary mods: compression increased after head gasket failure
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Supertouring Mike:

4.BMW Z3's (Clown Shoe)
That's not a clown shoe, that's an elegant italian dress loafer type shoe. I think it looks classic.

96 GL Zetec ATX, white with pinstripe, nickname " Sam Smooth "
mods so far: CTA intake with homemade heat shield, KVR drilled front rotors & carbon pads w/ 500° fluid
planned mods: exhaust (want to keep it quiet), e-ram (awaiting installation), diablo chip
involuntary mods: compression increased after head gasket failure
T
T
Seeing that some people are putting the best looking cars in here let me just add one and I say this because of how the car looks today compared to todays cars....1963-67 Corvette Coupes or "midyear" as they're called. IMO this car is absolutley beautiful, just look at the car from every angle next time your at a car show, especially from the back, the way that top comes down to a point, the way the fenders are styled, yes "styled" imagine that concept today :p

Roger R
SVT/SHO Society SE MI rep
2000 CSVT #1253 of 2150
silver frost/midnight blue
2-8" dark blue racing stripes
Mequiars...simply the best!
"...and number 5, now this is the most important Rat, when it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin 4"
USMondeo@aol.com
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard