Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206648 09/08/01 06:36 PM
C
Chrisjd Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have a question about losing power after getting a new exhaust put in. i have heard from quite of a few of my friends that getting a (non) true dual exhaust, or in other words "y" ing off the main exhaust can actually give you a loss of power, i have an appointment on monday for this to be done and I don't want to lose any power. please give me some feedback on what you think or have heard. eek

1999 contour se sport- black mtx
-Duratec v6
-dual exhaust
-no resonator
-kkm induction system
-one loud stereo
-35% window tint
-18' Enkei CDR9's on Kumho Ecsta Supras.
-Audi A6 Sidemarkers
(Coming Soon, Very Soon.)
-SVT front and rear bumper.

2002 Passat V6 GLX 4Motion
#206649 09/08/01 07:07 PM
S
S
Hey dude....I guess my 2 Cents on the deal is this. If you have "true" dual exhaust, why would you put in a non-dual system. Keep the dual's spend some extra cash for the "real" thing, and you won't have any problems.

Good Luck

SVT guy MN
1999 Ford Contour SVT/Silver Frost
17x7.5 Team Dynamics "Phantoms"
Nitto NT-450
KKM True-Rev Induction
SMA Aluminum Intake Pipe
A-pillar Gauge Pod
Auto meter Arctic Whites
White HVAC Panel
Front Grille Oval lit up in blue
Blue Painted Calipers
Tint on the way...
#206650 09/08/01 10:26 PM
L
L
Hey Chris,
I don't see what engine you have now. In any case, if the new exhaust improves flow you will see a performance benefit, if it restricts flow (compared to the orginal) you'll get a loss. Most of the posts I've read have either resulted in same performance level or slightly better. To me, putting in the Y and a high flow muffler and some nice dual tips would be more of a sound and visual improvement for my Zetec than a performance one. Where are you having it done (or did you have it done)? Pro Tire & Exhaust in Long Lake does great work. . . cool

A Mondeo by any other name is a Mondeo all the same. . .

Link Copied to Clipboard