Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ESC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Need to have the car looked at by the service department while it is still under warrantee. Any experiences with the service dept. of dealers in this area. TIA

A
A
I bought my SVT at Donway Ford (Eglinton/Warden). I have used them for warranty work and a couple of repairs after warranty expiration. I have no horror stories to tell; they have been generally co-operative with me, if a little pricey (hourly rate hurts). Only one repair required repeat visits for a resolution (I think 4 or 5 visits in all).

C
C
No horror stories myself with Donway Ford. Best to make an appointment. Have not always had the best of luck with Northtown Ford - seems to take 2 or 3 times for a friend who bought used, there.

M
M
Well, I don't know what area you live in, but I just brought my Cougar to Total Ford, and they were VERY good, I was totally impressed! They said nothing about my mods (intake, exhaust, lowered), they were fast, and they were very helpful! laugh

Mike

2000 Mercury Cougar V6

http://torontocougarclub.tripod.com
President
E
ESC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeNeri:
Well, I don't know what area you live in, but I just brought my Cougar to Total Ford, and they were VERY good, I was totally impressed! They said nothing about my mods (intake, exhaust, lowered), they were fast, and they were very helpful! laugh

Mike

I'm at Yonge/College, ended up going to Bay Ford just north of Yonge/Bloor out of convenience. Can't say I'm impressed, brought it in for some warrantee work before it runs out in Sept, and an oil change. Car had been pinging in the heat, but not during the two days before the appointment, so no surprise they "could not duplicate".

I've had the rear suspension squeak, clunk, and recently moan for nearly all of the two years I've had the car. This is about the 6th time it's been in for that (3 different dealers). "Replaced rear link assembly, outer tie rods, lubed insulators", now it makes the noises all the time, rather than just occasionally. To top it off (pun intended), they overfilled the engine oil - the level is actually beyond the "FULL" writing on the dipstick, and the SA says don't worry about that, it's not a big deal.

The one thing I'm glad about the warrantee being up soon, is not having to see Ford dealers again. Gotta go back to Bay Ford one more time since they have a replacement arm rest on order, and I've got the Aussie bar to put in soon, so hopefully that'll cure the rear end noise.

T
T
The guys at Donway are great. I bought my SVT there in February (a great buying experience) and went there for parts a couple of days ago (blower resistor) and spent 45 min. talking to the guys about the Tour. They seemed like a great bunch of car guys.

As for the service department, I have never experienced it (knock on wood) but they are open until from 7:00 - 3:00 AM !!!!

E0
Silver Frost,
SVT # 4337
Built 12/24/97 !!!

ElKamelion HU, K&N, Momo aluminum Sphere shift knob, no reverse lockout!! Orion Cobalt Amp, 10" Sub

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard