Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
I was at Bill Kolb ford today and i saw another silver countour svt there. Was it anyone from here? Mine is there now third time in two weeks!!!
I brought in it for the dash board recall and it was hesitating. I got the car back twice this week and the car still was choking at 4000 - 6000 rpms. So I brought it back again. So anyway who was there?

2000 SVT Contour Silver

IN Process "3.0L w/Turbo"

Born In Kansas on 12/16/99
Engine Died on 6/18/2002 18,223 still at Ford as of 7/5/02

#986 of 2150
R
R
Why are you bringing your car to Bill Kolb?
You can have it serviced at ANY FORD DEALER!

Didn't you read what they did to 1HOTHWIP's SVT?

And what about all the MUD they left in your SVT?

When you gonna learn?

Pete...

98.5 SE Sport Duratec ATX (P66L)
Black Clearcoat on Greystone
DOB 11/21/1997
DOP 12/25/1997
PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights
SVT CAT-BACK EXHAUST (No Resonator)
DiabloSport Chip (LPQ4) - Engineered To Raise Hell
Too many other mods to list...
Sounds sweet, runs quick...
Crazy Horse Dyno @ 121.4 WHP/129.6 TQ
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
Why are you bringing your car to Bill Kolb?
You can have it serviced at ANY FORD DEALER!

Didn't you read what they did to 1HOTHWIP's SVT?

And what about all the MUD they left in your SVT?

When you gonna learn?
I have tried to bring it to two different Ford dealers and they said that I have to bring it to an SVT dealer. I hate Bill Kolb Ford!!! I just called them to see if my car was ready and they said they cant figure out why its hesitating... They just plain suck. Are there and other SVT Dealers in NY????? These clowns cant fix a car for there life.

What did the do to 1HotWhip's car?

2000 SVT Contour Silver

#986 of 2150
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by godzilla:
I have tried to bring it to two different Ford dealers and they said that I have to bring it to an SVT dealer. I hate Bill Kolb Ford!!! I just called them to see if my car was ready and they said they cant figure out why its hesitating... They just plain suck. Are there and other SVT Dealers in NY????? These clowns cant fix a car for there life.
Have the SA at the other dealers call 1-800-FORD-SVT, or better yet call them on your cell phone if you have one and then put the SA on the line. They will tell them that your SVT can be serviced AT ANY FORD DEALER.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
G
OP Offline
G
Ok thanks...... Bill Kolb Ford Sucks.... They still dont know whats wrong with my car yet..... mad

2000 SVT Contour Silver

#986 of 2150
You'll never see my car their ever again unless I'm blowing up the place mad . To easiest way to say what they did is that they hacked up any aftermarket stereo wires in my car and didn't fix them, unplugged my HID lights and just left the high beams on for me to drive with, left the fuse panel down in my car, destroyed my neon lights, and only fixed half of the problems I brought it they for. I lost all the pics of what thy did or I would post them. mad

Silver Frost 2000 SVT #1443 of 2150
Mirror Tint/ Momo shift knob/ Kurtz Kustom pedals
Ventshield raingaurds, moonroof and hood bug deflectors
True Rev Induction Kit/ BAT Air Inlet Pipe
Philips HID kit/ PIAA superwhite fogs/ Chrome Gas Bonnet Lifters
Top of line Alpine system( NVE-N851A, DVA-5205, IVA-C800, TUE-T011A, KCE-150V, CHA-S624, PRA-H400), PPI (PC 4100, PC 2150,PRO 10's), Image Dynamics CD2 Comp MH and IDQ-62.
Motorola Timeport HF car kit
Looking to increase performance!
http://photos.yahoo.com/hpick1

Future Mods waiting to be put on:
Lotek Guage Pod w/ volt, a/f ratio, and oil pressue.
Blue neon undercar kit
Aussie Bar w/ upgraded backing plate
Bullitt Fuel Door
Magnacore Wires
Ground Control Kit w/ Koni Struts
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Originally posted by 1HOTWHIP:
You'll never see my car their ever again unless I'm blowing up the place mad . To easiest way to say what they did is that they hacked up any aftermarket stereo wires in my car and didn't fix them, unplugged my HID lights and just left the high beams on for me to drive with, left the fuse panel down in my car, destroyed my neon lights, and only fixed half of the problems I brought it they for. I lost all the pics of what thy did or I would post them. mad
Where do you bring it then? I know there service department sucks. I tried to bring it to other dealers and they said no, goto an SVT dealer.

I have sooooo many complaints about them. From day one when I bought the car. That dealer sucks. But where else can i bring it for warrenty work?

One time I brought it there to get the tranny fluid recall done and they crushed my side skirts and the dick that was working on my car got my drive side full of mud. Two big boot prints full of mud.

Another time I brought it in for the moonroof "the second time in a week to get the moonroof fixed" and they left my fuse box down too. I didnt see it and it was dark out i went to put my foot on the clutch and almost ripped the box off. I have called Ford to complain to them. and I also complained to Mr. and Mrs. Kolb. I noticed they got rid of the head service manager after that, the guy that sold me my car and the Finance guy there too.... LMFAO!!!!!

Now my car has been in and out of there 4 times in the past two weeks getting fixed. I keep asking them if can give me a new car. Because you guys cant seem to get this car fixed.

I dont know why i go back there. But i guess i dont have a choice. mad mad mad frown

2000 SVT Contour Silver

#986 of 2150
'
'
Jason is right, any dealer can fix your car, but I would shy away from any dealer that tries to tell you otherwise - they're obviously not even aware that they can fix it so why force them. Depending on where you are there a couple of decent (relatively speaking of course, its still Ford we're delaing with) dealers up here in northern westchester. I've had some small work done at Park Ford no questions asked, except that I bring the car back so the parts guys can check it out.

[[Justin]]
'98 Silver Frost SVT
#2089/6535
I am made of cheese
My car is in the shop
When I drop the clutch, I get wheel hop
Do not eat me, oh please
R
R
Godzilla,

DO you have a Ford Premium Care plan or any Ford Extended warranty on your SVT?
I could talk to the Service Manager at Smith Cairns Ford, here is Yonkers, and see if he would be willing to look at your car.
With the warranty, you get a rental car allowance, while it is here at the dealer.

Some of the Techs here are pretty good, and some have modified cars, and might understand your problem.
Its just a matter of getting them to put your SVT online, and getting a readout of what its doing when it hesitates.

Have you checked your IMRC?
Sounds like it may not be opening...

Pete...

98.5 SE Sport Duratec ATX (P66L)
Black Clearcoat on Greystone
DOB 11/21/1997
DOP 12/25/1997
PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights
SVT CAT-BACK EXHAUST (No Resonator)
DiabloSport Chip (LPQ4) - Engineered To Raise Hell
Too many other mods to list...
Sounds sweet, runs quick...