Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well, I've got a flat on my right rear wheel. Currently running on the stock E1 rims with Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 225/50ZR16 tires. This means I have to buy at least two new tires now, so I'm thinking of just ordering new rims and dealing with the spare until they come in if possible, and repairing the Kumhos and eventually using the stock rims for winter wheels/tires. Need suggestions on some real good looking rims for an E1 SVT, found these that I like so far:

http://www.arospeed.com/products/0rs16.htm
http://www.arospeed.com/products/0rs18.htm

(sorry can't use their images)

I've seen quite a few very good looking rim/tire combos on the SVT's and I'm searching around now. I'd like to keep the total wheel/tire package cost around 1k if at all possible. Many thanks! laugh

EDIT: Some basic questions as well:

What is the minimum acceptable offset for a 17" wheel for an E1 SVT? +40mm? The stock rims are, IIRC, 49mm?

Seems the recommended tire size is 215/45R17's, does anyone have 225/45R17's installed and, if so, rubbing problems?

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
M
M
I like the design of the 16's better but the 18's would lokk pretty tight as well. How much are those?

Josh
Aka Spectra SVT
02 Dark Highland Green F-150 XLT
Mods: Gunrack and cowboy boots
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Spectra SVT:
I like the design of the 16's better but the 18's would lokk pretty tight as well. How much are those?
Wheelmax.com has them with a Kumho/Falken package deal for $899 shipped, either rim. Also looking at these:

Thoughts? Can get these for a $799 package deal - but I don't know about the offset yet on these wheels - calling for info soon...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

I just ordered ADR Trauma's for my car with Kuhmo 712's on it. I have bald fronts and a nail in a rear, so I decided the same thing.
ADR Trauma @ Whalen tire

"Talking is masturbation without the mess"...Our Lady Peace..

This is my car....
M
M
Does wheelmax.com offer optional tire sizes for the same amount? Usually that price is for import sizes 205/40/17's. Also, they only list 3 rims available in our bolt pattern. Are you sure they offer the rims you like in our bolt pattern?

A buddy of mine has 225/45/17's and he rubs in back. however he has stock suspension which allows for alot of travel. If he would get stiffer struts then I think the travel issue would be solved.

2000SVT: Got pics?

Josh
Aka Spectra SVT
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by 2000SVTFlyboy:
I just ordered ADR Trauma's for my car with Kuhmo 712's on it. I have bald fronts and a nail in a rear, so I decided the same thing.
ADR Trauma @ Whalen tire
Well, I like the ADR design but the gunmetal gray probably won't look too good with my silver exterior IMHO. What color is your SVT? Good luck with the new wheels!

I'm thinking of moving up to 18" wheels as well, but there aren't many wheels that fit 4 x 108 as I'm finding, kinda stinks...I remember a post of all of the various wheels that fit our cars...time to SEARCH! laugh

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

M
M
try superbuytires.com

they have at least 50 different styles to choose from in 18" sizes and even more in 17". wink

Josh
Aka Spectra SVT
C
cjbaldw Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Spectra SVT:
try superbuytires.com

they have at least 50 different styles to choose from in 18" sizes and even more in 17". wink
Hey thanks for the tip! smile

On another note, I think I've found the wheels I'm going to go with, if I decide to go forward with it. Panther EMR 219's, in either 17x7 or 18x7.5. The 18" wheel is only 21.5 pounds, which is pretty light for an 18" wheel right? Here's a pic:

I like this style of wheel alot. I actually like the SSR GT1 a bit better looks-wise but can't afford the 300+ per wheel they cost.

Opinions?

I've already confirmed it's available in 4x108 bolt pattern, 40mm positive offset (enough??) and I've found a local dealer via the local distributor who can deliver the wheels up tomorrow if I make the purchase, which means I could have them mounted, along with my KVR cross-drilled rotors on all four wheels and KVR carbon fiber pads, by Saturday! laugh

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Is a 40mm offset enough considering the 18" rims are 7.5 inches wide? Is anyone else running 18x7.5 inch rims and if so, what size tire and any rubbing problems?

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

M
M
225/40/18 would be best bet. 40mm offset will be close. May have to shave wheel well but not that hard to do for the 18" look.

Josh
Aka Spectra SVT
S
S
I too want the SSR GT1's in 17's but I really like those EMR219s also...may have to consider that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard