Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Livnlow:
"Mine explains me to a tee and also my girfriend which is a pieces."

Would that be a Resse pieces?

Don't do too much (doors, hand holding, flowers...). Once you start, this will be expected for the next ohh...50 years!! I figure that my keypad unlocks both doors to the car for a reason. Just my $.02
you get the point! :p

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks
J
J
Try a nice quiet dinner restauraunt somwhere. DON'T go to Chili's or an equivalent music-blaring theme eatery (you have to shout to hold a conversation in those) and DON'T invite her over for dinner the first night out, no matter if you were the head chef at Spago's (implies too much intimacy if you hardy know each other at all).

Wine's always a good try, though tastes are all over the board. Usually the safest route to go is a German Riesling (try a '99 or '00 Blue Nun or Schlink Hause Spatlese), as a very good one can be picked up for under $12. Women usually like fruity, semi-sweet to sweet white wines, and going with any type of Zinfandel no matter how good is just plain tacky, IMHO.

For a fun after-dinner activity that's a little off the beaten path, find a small park that's got a gaggle of ducks and geese around. Pocket a couple of dinner rolls at the restaurant and proceed for the after-dinner stroll. You can easily get 30-45 minutes of really enlightening entertainment out of feeding the birds and chatting the night away.

Most of all, BE YOURSELF, except if or when the topic of religion comes up laugh .

Always do the open-the-door, pull-out-the-chair stuff. You're a gentleman (I'm being EXTREMELY gratuitous today :p ) so don't hide the fact from her.

Being an English major, maybe she would enjoy Shakespere in the park? I know there's tons of these running around cities all over the States this time of year.

If all else fails, try a museum or such for an after-dinner activity.

Much better options than the typical dinner and a movie route, I would say, and each gives you a LOT more personal interaction for the first time around.

Good luck and if she mentions religion, don't flay her alive!

JaTo
Overland Park, KS
JaTo@kc.rr.com

99 Contour SVT
#143/2760
Modded to Taste

00 Corvette Coupe
Modded to Haste
J
J
And by all means, don't discuss politics or religion wink

Just kidding. I guess the best thing you can do is be interested in her. Listen to what she has to say.

The hard part is finding that fine line between being attentive and smothering her.

Dating is for learning about each other. The best thing the two of you can do is not to try to hide yourself, but to be yourself.

Which car are you planning to take, (after all, this is a car board)
the Porsche or the SVT?

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
F
F
just be yourself.
don't overthink every single one of your actions.
If you're not used to holding doors, then don't.
if you're not used to pushing chairs in (I've never had this done to me and would really give you a "you've got 3 heads" look if you attempted it with me), don't push her chair in.
do what feels comfortable.
if you're going to constantly overthink everything and wonder 'what should I be doing/how should I be acting right now' you're not going to be comfortable, relaxed and most of all enjoyable.
I'm not saying belch and scratch your crotch like you do in front of the tv at home either.
the point here is not to bait her by being someone you're not. you'll only disappoint her in the long run.

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
E
EdwardC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks all for the great advice. Man....butterflies are having a party in my stomach now....giddiness has given way to terror eek OK...be myself....don't discuss politics and religion....open doors and pull out chairs only if appropriate....bottle of wine or a single flower......

After all of this time, I thought that dating would get easier. eek

Move only if there is a real advantage to be gained...when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

'98 SVT E0
Superchip
Y-pipe
KKM filter
custom 2.5 cat back exhaust
UDP
linux fish
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by EdwardC:
Thanks all for the great advice. Man....butterflies are having a party in my stomach now....giddiness has given way to terror eek OK...be myself....don't discuss politics and religion....open doors and pull out chairs only if appropriate....bottle of wine or a single flower......

After all of this time, I thought that dating would get easier. eek
Which car man, we really gotta know. Context man, remember the context here wink

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
E
EdwardC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Brown '89 Porsche 928 - stock.

Move only if there is a real advantage to be gained...when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

'98 SVT E0
Superchip
Y-pipe
KKM filter
custom 2.5 cat back exhaust
UDP
linux fish
D
D
Quote:
She is an English Professor at a large East Coast University.
Oh man what kind of dreams are you having?

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
C
C
Quote:
Brown '89 Porsche 928 - stock.
awh Edward, you own a 928, you dawg! wink

Love those Porsches...hopefully she will too...how many miles on that beast?

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
S
S
Naa buy a bottle of jack daniels and a 2 litre coke, I'll show you a romantic night.. heh heh heh. Worked for the last teacher I went out with...

R

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD
88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast)
87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!)
Mods- 3" Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard