Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
L
Got a rattle but can't locate it precisely. Seems to come from the center of the dash, right under the center vents. Sounds like plastic sqeaking together, when I push on it hard, it goes away momentarily. Sometimes, though, I would swear it's coming from the console. I have good mechanices at Freeway Ford so when I go in for dash repair I'll have them take a shot at it. (BTW - if you go to your mechanic for removal of sqeaks and rattles, remove everything from the car, CD's, sunglasses, etc. It makes their job easier and leaves them no excuses!)
-Lefty

A Mondeo by any other name is a Mondeo all the same. . .
Q
QWICSVT Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
I've got that same d$#n metallic rattle in the center of the dash as well. Though mine has not gone away. It seems to only happen when I am accelerating. Anyone fixed this problem? If so, how?

98.5 SVT ~ diamond white metallic custom DuPount paint ~ shaved antenna, trunk key hole, and ding strips ~ roof mounted antenna ~ 20% tint ~ clear corners (front) ~ Audi A4 sidemarkers ~ 17" Mille Mille Evo 5 wheels with Yokahama Parada Spec-2 tires ~ Koni adj. struts ~ Eibach springs ~ SMA rear strut tower brace (front no longer fits ~ Powerstop cross-drilled rotors ~ Mintex A/F pads ~ ploy bushings including motor mount insert ~ 3L conversion ~ full custom intake ~ custom Cardoc exhaust ~ gutted precats ~ 24lb injectors ~ 3L upper and lower intakes ~ Rear dome light mod ~ glovebox light mod ~ lighted moon-roof switch mod ~ fog light mod ~ Autometer shift light ~ FCO indiglow guages ~ body color interior bits ~ some custom sound

Administrator www.fordcontour.org
N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by alleyway28:
I got one coming from my backseat.....
I can't figure it out though... It's been driving me nuts for over a year now.... mad

I've got the same rattle/squeeking from the rear seats. Actually, two problems - the seat cushions make noise and the seat backs too (they're two separate pieces). A plastic tab holds the seat cushion in place in each corner. With time, these plastic tabs loose their hold and comes loose and jiggles around. I've stuff a piece of cardboard inside the hole that the tab sits in to stop the noise.

For the loose seat back, they're held in place with the same types of plastic tabs on each of the top corners plus maybe a metal piece that holds the place the top middle. I notice the top middle popped out and now my seat burges out from pushing against the metal instead of "hooked" on. The noise comes when the middle of the seat flexes (squeeks, groaning). I couldn't get the middle to pop back in place. I tried putting my finger behind the cushion from the top and got a serious cut on my finger from the sharp metal behind the back rest.

S
S
Whitey, I have a bubble in my dash right above the passenger side airbag. Also a couple of other places. I've been wondering if they would replace my dash under warranty for that type of defect. I think I'll drop by the dealership tomorrow.

A
A
Someone said they had the warped/bubbling dash replaced under warranty and the dash rattle got worse. Well, I am on dash #3, and mine got worse too.

If I sit in my car and grab various bits and pieces and push them, they all seem to squeak, rattle, or click.

One bad (but easy to fix) rattle I have is the dome light. When I go over bumps it rattles really wicked. Just loose in its socket.

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by PM Summer:
My wife's sunglasses rattle against the Swiss Army knife in the glovebox.

Go to Sunglass Hut and get a Koo Clip for $6! They're cool....even available in Carbon Fibre print! laugh

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard