Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ESC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I know this is an old topic, search brought up lots of matches but I couldn't find one matching my situation (I'll admit I didn't read through all the matches).

I have a '99 Duratec, doesn't have the 'bagpipes', car is 3 years old now, had it for the past 2 years and have never had moosing. Had been running the TH fix for 1-1.5 years just recently removed it (I do notice a slight power drop with it in) and the past week I've been moosing (I think, never heard it before and it's pretty loud) every morning.

I've tried resetting the computer but still did it this morning. Any ideas why I'm getting it now and never before? Is the TH fix the only fix? btw, intake is stock except for SVT airbox and K&N.

Thanks in advance.

Y
Y
Did you have the K&N in before you did the TH fix ?? If not , THERE's the reason for the no-moose situation before . On my '95 , I got the moose as soon as my K&N went in . I do believe the moose comes out more often when the weather starts to cool off a bit , IIRC . Re-setting the computer will not get rid of the moose . If I were you , I'd re-install the TH fix , re-set the computer & leave the TH fix in there . You could try making the hole in the TH fitting a bit larger , just to fine tune it . I put the TH fix in 2 '95 SE's and my SVT with no noticable power losses ... maybe I'm lucky confused .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
E
ESC Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks Allen, I hadn't thought of that. Since the K&N I'd only run a few days without the TH fix and that was in the summer. Looks like the plug is going back in, it was nice having that extra pep the past few days, but probably not worth dealing with the throttle hang, and Mr Moose.

Go Wings!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard