Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
i just purchased the YODUDE borla exhaust for the SVT which indicates 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes versus the commonly recommended 2.25 inch. am i going to be losing any power? i'm not familiar enough at this point to notice a difference, but if anyone has seen dyno charts or is familiar please let me know.
thanks,
jim

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The 2.5" mandrel should make a little more power then the 2.25" being as the exhaust is still resticted by the long snaking single pipe of said diameter.
The duals after that point are of little consequence really.
If using a Y-pipe design then staying single is a better choice.
SVT owners aside for the aesthetic reasons (not looking like ass with just 1 tip )

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
so if i got if i got a y-pipe and exhaust i would lose hp ??

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers
E
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
E
SlowNfurious,... how does that Yodude sound with the Borla? I've been thinking about getting one but was worried about tone/excessive noise.

-Endo -1998 Contour SVT 17" ADR RS Limited Mase in white with 215/45/17 Kumho 712's -1990 Camaro 355 TPI/5-speed
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
You are going to lose power. I'll tell you what though, I'll trade you my svt exhaust for your yo-dude straigh-up. How's that for a deal?

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
if he is gonna lose power , why do you wanna trade him? won't u lose power as well?

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I think The Ripper is trying to con someone out of a nice 2.5" exhaust system...

A mandrel 2.5" system should net nice gains and added drivablity (i.e. more power throughout the revs).

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
i'd really be curious to see some dyno charts. my buddy has a 95 mustang gt and we were "racing" off the line (read: i just didn't want to get smoked) and i stayed right with him. i'm sure that he was flooring it, but i was kinda gauging his speed and matching mine to his (i could have given much more).
ford indicates 0-60 for svt's in high 7's; there's no way that it has been taking me that long, prolly around high to mid 6 and this is the only mod i've done thus far besides opening up the intake some. i am an inexperienced sprint driver, but i think i'm getting some pretty good gains out of the yo-dude.
just letting you all know,
jim

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
those year mustang gt's were pretty slow for v8 mustangs with only 225 hp. i wouldnt be surprised you kept up. im sure if you had headers/ypipe you would have easliy walked him

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard