CEG\'er
G
Good idea!

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
instead of raffling off actual product, you could raffle off gift certificates. When the person uses this gift certificate to purchase from you, you could then donate a portion of that sale to CEG. The good thing about a gift certificate is that the buyer may end up buying more than say the $500, paying the difference of course, but then also becoming a nice loyal customer.

If you check out NECO, as was suggested above, they've been doing this quite frequently lately to raise funds for Cougarfest.
Unlimited amount of raffle tickets can be bought by each person. The tickets are purchased through paypal, and those buying tickets are able to see a list of who has bought tickets so far. I'm not sure what method they use to pick the winner, but I think it's worth checking into.
They may even approach you as a seller to participate in their raffles - they're especially hungry for vendors who sell car audio products right now.

I think it's a great idea. NECO has had great success with this.

Having a raffle of a single product, you limit your potential "market" of ticket purchasers.

If you raffle gift certificates, you expand your "market" and people could buy what they wanted.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Great idea. We can donate lotsa money for the Board. Yay! Maybe if donation is real decent, Lance will let us post more about racing and sex. JK.

Seriously though - I am down...

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by baco99:

Also, there should be a way to make sure that the same person doesn't win the raffle twice in a row...

How about the person winning a raffle must be exempt from the next consecutive raffle...or two...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I am sure it all be fair

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well get this thing going Dean. You should start off with Black Racing Seats.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
no grey ones. lol

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
lol, how bout pink seats? lol. well, i can do a raffle for just about anything, but i was thinking of the first raffle being something that was worth about $100. not knowing if you all want to just dive in and do a raffle where the item is worth like $800. BUT YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT AND I WILL GRANT YOUR WISHES. If you'd like to do a racing seat raffle, we can do that. I would prefer to do Corbeau seats because I have dealt with them the most and know first hand that they are a good seating company that makes slider brackets for our contiques. Ok, let me think about the details and which seats i can raffle. The good thing about doing a seat raffle is that CEG will get 25% of the PROFITS generated from the sale (decent chunk $). The other 75% are going to go towards the time it takes me to organize this whole thing and keep my business moving forward so that I can continue to pass deals along to my fellow CEG'ers. Remember, there are many unseen expenses involved with running a business that have to be factored into everything a business owner does. I don't want people thinking that 75% ofthe profit goes in my pocket. Chances are more money will be donated to CEG than what I'll get to have for myself and my time involved. But it's all good, and it'll make the winner a very happy person!

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

Having a raffle of a single product, you limit your potential "market" of ticket purchasers.

If you raffle gift certificates, you expand your "market" and people could buy what they wanted.

THAT'S A MUCH BETTER IDEA!!! It'll make things a helluva lot easier on my end too! Ok, I will raffle off a gift certificate first and it will apply to any product that my business sells. I'll think up all the details and start it by the weekend.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
How about the Corbeau A4 in whatever cloth color the winner wants. You should include shipping and everything to put them in. If you don't feel like something so expensive the first time around then what cool things do you have for around 100 bucks?

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard