Next Thread
Print Thread
#907922 03/24/04 12:54 AM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I got a call from my steelership today, I sheared off a bolt on my main shaft. He said this was due to speed shifting. He also said my warranty provider was weary that this was due to speed shifting. I said, It's a Svt, thats what I got the waranty for. Anyways, it's covered.

99' SVT #811 of 2760 Born on january, 12, 1999. "This may have been his only shot at number one, but he just sucks on so many levels that I couldnā??t even let him win a contest of suckiness."
#907923 03/25/04 05:44 AM
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
yeah the bolts will break off there is another one inside the little housing thing that turns on your reverse lights it will break off to if you keep speed shifting i know i use to do it all the time lol but yeah it does cut those bolts clean off and watch out the end of the bolts can go down into the trans get a magnetic pen thingy that is long enough to stick in there and see if there is anything down there couple peices broke off and into mine lucky i found em first

#907924 03/25/04 06:08 AM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
My Question, this might be stupid, how do I not speed shift. It's got a short shifter (of sorts) from the factory. Also if ford cant make a car with a short shifter, that cant be driven hard, I made the wrong choice in car brands to LOVE.

99' SVT #811 of 2760 Born on january, 12, 1999. "This may have been his only shot at number one, but he just sucks on so many levels that I couldnā??t even let him win a contest of suckiness."
#907925 03/25/04 07:21 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
well it happend to me awhile back driving in traffic. it is actually easy to repair. the repair was about 1,300 just beacause they didnt want to remove the snapped bolt and replace it. they wanted to put in a whole new shifter mechanizm\shifter tower . i would have removed the snapped bolt and replace it with a real strong bolt and put soem thread lock on it. the shift tower is rigth on top of the tranny and it controlls the shift forks. you dont even have to pull th etranny out but the dealer did. as i was looking at the tranny i was thinking the whole time why did this fool pull the tranny. i think he said somethign about it being a bit tough cause the transmission wasnt in gear. that fool also put my shifter cable back on with a zip tie and i finally noticed it this past weekend. ive been on the dealers a$$ about it since tuesday. by the way my warranty company did cover it. i think the reason the dealer put in a whoel new [censored] tower was because they new the waanty company was going to pay for it.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard