Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by dallasb84:
sounds good guys just waiting for the short ram gb to clear its head out of the water here. i have been getting correspondance from just one person and its not looking good at this point.

??? what does that mean? explain please.
thx

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

I'm curious if the Carbon Fiber holds in the same amount of heat as the Stock IMRC, or if its vented to allow the IMRC to breathe. Seems like there is an increase in IMRC failures due to excessive heating of the IMRC Electronics. Some people have completely removed the IMRC Covers to prevent this excessive heating.

Have any tests been performed on this?

Thanks,

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
rob...
i only got one person to buy a short ram so i havent made the money back i put into this. basically im down about 85 dollors so far. which isnt too bad and hopefully i will get a few more orders later. no big deal.

second about heat...
i will be buying a mold myself of the stock imrc. weather or not the cf imrc has a vent is based on who wants one or not one on one basis. also composites.. ie fiberglass, graphite, kevlar... and so on are reflective heat insulators. that means they both retain and reflect heat. carbon fiber has about the same thermal retention as aluminum believe it or not. 1 pound of aluminum and 1 pound of graphite hold about the same heat in relation to each other. but 1 pound of graphite is way stronger than 1 pound of aluminum. so less graphite is needed to keep strength the same bringing thermal mass way below what aluminum would be. so heat soak would not be the same and heat would be reflected better with graphite.

F
FJI Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
If they are as good as everyone says I am in.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard