Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by blitz:
WHEN I WORKED AT THE GAS STATION THIS GUY BROUGHT HIS CAR IN W/80,XXX MILES ON IT. HE SAID THIS WILL BE HIS SECOND OIL CHANGE EVER. HE CHANGED IT ROUND 5000 THAN JUST KEPT TOPPING IT OFF WHEN THE OIL GOT LOW!!!! YOU SHOULDA SEEN IT COME OUT. LIKE CLUMPY MILK!!! MMM MMM MMM

Sounds like my mom's 94 Taurus. She changes it every year at inpection. I even offered to change it for her, but she says she doesn't want to trouble me. It couldn't be any more trouble than my CSVT, which I change behind her house anyway. The only reason she gets it changed annually is that I nagged her so much she got sick of hearing it from me.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by biltz:
what kinda oil does the dealer use? cause its expensive??? cost me 45$ to get an oil change there "different better oil" somelike that i was told...i dont know.. i use royal purple i really like it every 2500. but expensive

why would you change your oil every 2500 miles? you go off roading alot?

i am offically a troll... so take my information and advice with a grain of salt.

08/15/2001 - 11/05/2001 : 1999 Ford Contour SVT : 170fwhp - 147.9 fwtq
07/17/2001 - __/__/____ : 2001 Roush Mustang GT Stage 1
11/05/2001 - __/__/____ : 2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Modern engines are typically built to tighter tolerances, and thermal expansion of parts is typically controlled better as well. So, the necessary break-in period is typically reduced, and synthetic is usually fine from pretty early on in the engine's life. And yes as stated before, several cars come w/ Mobil 1 as the factory fill, Corvette, Porsche, and 00 Cobra R, IIRC.

Personally, i run std oil for the first 2 oil changes on a new engine (1st at 1000-1500 miles, 2nd at 3500-4500 miles) then switch to Mobil 1, and recently I have been using royal purple (Thanks Mark :D)

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
U
U
as the old guy told me once break it in like your going to drive it if your going to beat on it beat it if not !@ssy foot it.

all i need now is a lot of throttle and a whole lot of bottle

i wish i was a NitroFish

"3RD Pedal Racing"
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
Sounds like my mom's 94 Taurus. She changes it every year at inpection.

This is not as bad as it sounds. The requirement to change every three months or every 3000 miles, whichever came first, has (according to all I've managed to learn) not been based on reality since they stopped using leaded gasoline. Twice a year or less might actually be doing no harm.

96 GL Zetec ATX, white with pinstripe, nickname " Sam Smooth "
mods so far: CTA intake with homemade heat shield, KVR drilled front rotors & carbon pads w/ 500° fluid
planned mods: exhaust (want to keep it quiet), e-ram (awaiting installation), diablo chip
involuntary mods: compression increased after head gasket failure
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard