Originally posted by 98 SE:
I hate stickies myself. I have previously stated and still wish that all information was consolidated into sections on the main site, rather than being scattered through forums and also the main pages. For example, the five or so stickies in the Aesthetics forum could be instead moved here, and four in Duratec Performance be moved here. Much simpler and less forum space taken (a single sticky could be placed directing people to the page), and could be modified as new information is revealed and verified, without having to sift through many posts like "well I tried this and it worked but this works better even though I haven't tried it," etc. Plus everything is in one place on the CEG.

Pointless.

Take a look at the Main site FAQs and How-tos.

How many times have you seen:
"How do I get in touch with Bill Jenkins?"
His phone # and email address are on the main site.

Aesthetics?
Fog light mod How-to is there, yet questions about it.

Domelight conversion - same thing.

Door panel LED - several times a week there's a question about LEDs.

Performance?
SVT TB optimization or installation? Always a topic.

Maintenance?
Plugs & wires - "What's the best plug/wire?"

It doesn't work.

In addition, stickies can be modified by respective Moderators. The main site is for Admin to modify. Every time there is a change or addition to an FAQ or a new How-to, it's a back and forth between the Moderator and basically one Admin - perry. That's a lot to ask of him.

99% of CEG probably has the Forums bookmarked and that's all they use.

Don't like stickies? This will help.
1. Click "My Home" at the top of your screen.
2. Click "Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors..."
3. Change "Total parent posts to show per page: (default is 10)" to 20.

Now the Stickies don't take up as much room. (I don't see what the "bother" is about them anyways.)

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq