Originally posted by dnewma04:

Ryan, let me ask you some questions. I don't know if you are/were married but for example sake, lets say you are.

1.) Would changing the legal terminology of your marriage to civil union offend you?

2.) Would you cease to use the term "married" when describing your relationship?

3.) Would there be any effect on anyone if some did a ctrl-F in all govt files for the word marriage and replaced with civil union?

4.) What are the ramifications for the straight people if they get their word taken away or expanded?

5.) Will allowing Serge and Antonio describing themselves as "married" in any way shape or form reduce the meaning of you marriage to your wife? Will it make it easier for you to divorce her in your mind? Does it affect the love you feel for her and the sanctity of the act of marriage?

1. Yes, because the religious ceremony that I performed was called "marriage". Because someone wants to twist that to include something it wasnt intended to, I shouldn't have to change what I call it and what it stands for.

2. No. Becasue I am married to a woman, it fits the definition of being "married".

3. Sort of. Legally, I guess they could mean essentially the same thing. But I am "married" to the full extent of its meaning and definition, so I dont' see why it would need to be changed, unless there were civil unions. So I guess whatever they need to do to take care of legal business.

4 & 5. It would greatly offend me to have gays say they are married. I'll tell you why. It's because that kind of lifestyle is disgusting to me. Allowing them to say they are married disrespects what I feel is a very honorable and sacred arrangement. It has been for thousands of years. Call it whatever you want, just dont call it marriage, becuase marriage is between a man and a woman.

If a law does get passed that says gays can be "married", then it will be a sad day. I won't love my wife any less, it won't have an effect on our relationship, but a part of the dignity of saying I'm "married" will be lost.