Originally posted by svt4stv:
Originally posted by Freakshow:
Originally posted by Sandman333:

What are gays missing out on by simply not giving the legal term "marriage" to their relationship?

ummm...EQUALITY?

and that about sums it up. not that i agree with or anything because i'm still on the fence on this issue.

i see youre in the military (right?). what about gays in the military? the dont ask, dont tell policy is kind of discriminatory. dont ya think? (not trying to chum any flamebait here but curious as to people in here thoughts on that, especially our CEG servicemen). they made such a big issue out of it years ago and now its kinda just forgotten. ever meet any men you knew were gay in the military? or do they have to hide it?

Open gays in the military is detrimental to troop morale, and poor morale is a death sentence on a battlefield.

Side note: I never thought I would catch up with the end of this thread. Was reading and responding and kept seeing pages and pages added to the end....

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.