I have only read the past dozen posts or so, but if this has already been brought up then too bad.
My understanding of the legalization of gay marriages is that they want the right to be recognized as a married couple just like everyone else. However it is important to note that they also need to be married in order for them to recieve the rights of married couples. By this I mean take for instance two homosexual people are involved in a relationship for some time and they would have gotten married provided they could, and something happens to the other person and they die. All the stuff that, that person owns is taken away either given to the family of that person or the government, leaving the surviving spouse nothing. If they were married the survivng partner would be granted the rights the same as if a wife lost her husband and so forth.
Also without being married they can not obtain shared coverage on mportant things like life/health insurance etc. What happens if something were to happen to one of the people that were not or could not be covered, we the public would be covering it through our taxes.

I really dont care if they get married or not, its their deal. I guess whatever makes them happy, providing they arent trying to force their beliefs on me which I dont believe they are.

I also think its important to recognize the fact that it will eventually be legalized in the future so why prolong it. This is very similar to the issues the African Americans were dealing with regarding rights in the last century, and look where they are now.

It seems like the people with the most opposition to this are of the older generations. When they eventually become out numbered by the younger generations that dont see it as much of a problem as the current majority does it will be legalized.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold