Originally posted by Freakshow:

On another note Sandman: you keep talking about "hate the sin not the sinner" I coulda swore that most religions were against hate period? Didn't jesus preach about tolerance and love thy neighbor and do unto others etc etc etc? Forget about the old testament, please show me one quote where jesus ever said "gays are wrong" "don't ever let those gays marry because it's wrong" or anything to that affect.

Christians are urged to "hate what is bad". There's a good hate and a bad hate. Don't hate your neighbor or other human being, but its righteous to hate what is bad. Thats a theme that runs throughout the bible.

Show me one quote where Jesus says "gays are good, men lie with men, be merry". Never. You won't find anything even close to suggesting that, because it's not right.

Jesus death made the Mosaic Law obsolete. But god's principles are clearly conveyed there. Besides that, the command not to lie with men was also given in 1 Timothy, by Paul, AFTER Jesus was on earth.

There's no getting around it, homosexuality is dead wrong from the Bible's viewpoint.