Smokeshow, you are obviously not getting the facts here. I have to ask how old you are because any mature and slightly educated person can realize why we don't have an aftermarket. Hell, if you knew what you were doing, you don't need much of an aftermarket. I again point out Demon's car. Mid 13s from a low compression N/A 3.0 is great, no forced induction, just skills, education, and time. The problem with Contour owners is the income and age range. Nobody's going to make products to sell for an extinct car that was intended to be a CHEAP four door family car that nobody seems to like but us. Want market potential data? Search any of the group buys and see how many are WILLING, but not ABLE to buy. Or better yet, have tons of interest, then disappear when it comes time to lay down the cash. then there are a handful of SVT and even SE owners here that actually lay down the cash and get it done. Nobody even said 400hp was the max! The highest dyno'd is 400whp, which is close to 500hp as mentioned before, and nobody said that was maxing out....Turbos are limitless and that's most likely a perfectly driveable/streetable 400whp. Since no $$ figures were posted on the project, only a few know the true cost, but it's not hard to count and guesstimate. For well under $20k, you can have a car capable of 400whp and look nice and shiny and different at the same time. Go figure. And the bit about the engine being used in many platforms to justify more demand for an aftermarket, especially FI, is a joke. You want the pieces to a turbo kit other than plumbing?! Buy a turbo...reality tells me that turbos aren't exlusively sold in kits.... Reality also jumps in and says that a huge aftermarket for the Contour, a car that has been out of production for 5 years and wasn't exactly a top seller to begin with, will never see a huge aftermarket.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!