Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
...and if you really have some extra cash you can throw a set of headers on there as well as a CAI, Use the SVT cams that came with the SVT... Yeah, you will push some major power. Believe me, listen to all of these guys, you will be unhappy with an ATX duratec contour that is all show and no go if what you want is speed. Your best bang for a buck would be to build up a 3L.

Geez, some people just fail to read the last post sometimes...

Originally posted by CSVT#49:
So far I have not done that much to it.

-Mirko Splitter
-WR Headers (sitting in a box, waiting to buy flex pipe)
-Painted inner headlights black
-Saleen numbering on front bumper (thanks Parkedcar)
-Blacked out taillights
-Aftermarket Amplifier after finding out that all of the speakers in the car are RF 6x8's.
-Still saving money for a 3L and turbo.

So I bought the car in it's entirety and repaired it. I currently drive it to work everyday.

Thanks for the info though, I've already done research and theres a '04 3.0L from a Sable 50 miles from my house with 4k on it for $625. Unforantely I don't have the time nor the money to get involved with this project yet. I have to install my headers on the car and then proceed to complete the fence around my yard so my dogs don't run off and then redo my driveway so that I have a place to park my Camaro. Which will leave me with little money. Did I mention I'm trying to save money for my wedding too... lol.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp