Sorry for the delay in this post; I talked with Jim awhile ago about this idea I had for SZ 06. For those who may not know/remember, I was kinda involved in SZ01 and 02 back when the SVT/SHO Society was setting it up in Kalamazoo I'm moving back to MI in a few weeks and I'm pretty anxious to get back into the enthusiast community.

Anyway, I came up with a pretty radical idea for SZ... completely different from what's gone down in the past. Insted of having one location, how about a traveling convention? Something like a one lap of the Great Lakes? Set up specific destinations for each evening, include different events to do along the way, and offer people a set route to follow or encourage some dead reckoning.

I'd still plan on a dyno, 1/4 and either road course time or another autoX. We'd definitely still have the banquet as well, it's just that at the end of the day we'd be in a different town. I see all kinds of opportunities for little side activities to do; or make the journey itself like one big road rally with trophies and awards presented at the last stop. I see this as a VERY free form convention with plenty of room to accomodate a variety of activites, and being a dynamic convention people could choose to attend a specific leg of the trip if time & distance are a factor. I don't see this as being nothing but long distance driving... I'm thinking maybe 200 miles between destinations maximum. That would give people plenty of time to do events or to just enjoy the drive.

And of course, keeping things low cost would be another main goal.

Being involved in SZ01 and 02 I'm familiar with setting up a convention and what all is involved. I'd be happy to jump into this if people think they'd like to give it a try. Or if people would prefer a static convention, I'm ready to jump in and help with the planning

-Chris 93 ATX SHO Ultra Red Evil ATX clone to Todras 91 SHO plus black/black, work in progress http://www.tri-statesho-svt.org