Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Does anyone know about the tensioner pulley? How much does it generally cost? Can I get it at an autoparts store or do I need to get it from a dealer?

1998 Contour SVT Black with midnight blue interior http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/contoursvt.jpg Build number to come soon!
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
I got mine from the dealer and it was 30 some odd bucks IIRC. Oh and yes if you get the pump from the dealer, it's the entire assembly! housing, impellar side of the pump, gasket and new bolts!!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I just replaced my water pump yesterday. My water pump threw it's bearing and the belt also snapped.

I went to Napa for a new water pump,and it came with a metal impeller and housing and a new gasket,for $138 CDN. A new belt was going to be $20 from Ford and some other local parts places,but they would be on order for the next day and I didn't have the time to wait,so I went to the local wreckers who have a '95 Contour I'm now using as my parts car,and took the belt off it for $20. It was a fairly new water pump and belt on there.

Took me about 2 and a half hours to do my water pump. The hardest part was the stupid hose clamps,especially since some retard installed them upside down so they were a whoooore to get at. Oh,and my 2 bottom bolts on the water pump seemed to have a billion pounds of torque on them and even an air ratchet had a tough time on them.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
I got mine from the dealer and it was 30 some odd bucks IIRC. Oh and yes if you get the pump from the dealer, it's the entire assembly! housing, impellar side of the pump, gasket and new bolts!!

Thanks Quick SVT for the feedback. I'm helping my girlfriend move next weekend, so it looks like the car is two weeks out from getting fixed. I'll put the parts on order at the dealership. Thanks again for everyone helping me out with my problem. I truly appreciate it.

1998 Contour SVT Black with midnight blue interior http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/contoursvt.jpg Build number to come soon!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard