Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
LOL! I had a very late night also.
Right, I was talking about the serpentine belt.
I think I got that from Chongo asking about the serp. belt.

N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Ray:
I'm sorry.. I've been up since 4:00 and went to bet after 12am, but WHY does he want the serp belt when he is replacing the wp?

I am assuming serp, because of the "w/ac" statement.
Also, the tensioner is the waterpump tensioner, not the serp belt tensioner, for clarification.

Ray

I don't want the serp belt. Thats some other guy throwing out part numbers.

1998 Contour SVT Black with midnight blue interior http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/contoursvt.jpg Build number to come soon!
N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Ok let me try to clarify things here:

The Tensioner Pully PN is F8RZ-6B209 AA (Ford part number).

I should be able to get the waterpump and waterpump belt from autozone or something, simply by asking and giving my car information.

Am I assuming correctly here?

1998 Contour SVT Black with midnight blue interior http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/contoursvt.jpg Build number to come soon!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by nasty1:

I should be able to get the waterpump and waterpump belt from autozone or something, simply by asking and giving my car information.

Yep, open the box to make sure it is really a white plastic or metal impeller before you pay for it. In addition, I have read in previous posts that some have had problems with Kelly belts but they usually stock Dayco belts (so you should be fine).

Edit. Parts

Napa (554091 with gasket or 1251910 w/o) or Autozone. Pretty much the same price about $70.

Don't forget the gasket too about $3(if WP does not come with one).

And you would want a new WP belt (about $12). Dayco 5030268.

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/11/05 03:54 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by nasty1:
I'm sorry.. I've been up since 4:00 and went to bet after 12am, but WHY does he want the serp belt when he is replacing the wp?

Also, the tensioner is the waterpump tensioner, not the serp belt tensioner, for clarification.

Ray

I don't want the serp belt. Thats some other guy throwing out part numbers.

Exactly my point. Wasn't REALLY asking why you wanted it.. I was more referring and pointing out the fact that he posted the wrong numbers. (err.. right numbers.. wrong parts..)

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Alright guys, I'm set on the waterpump and belt. Does anyone know the Ford PN for the waterpump tensioner?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

Ray

I'm sorry to confuse anyone, but I couldn't find one listing online reguarding a WP tensioner pulley.

Ray I'm not going to assume that nasty1 is only working on just WP items. I've done many jobs at once, so I was just checking to make sure which tensioner he actually wanted, so I could best answer his question.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by chongo:

I'm sorry to confuse anyone, but I couldn't find one listing online reguarding a WP tensioner pulley.

Ray I'm not going to assume that nasty1 is only working on just WP items. I've done many jobs at once, so I was just checking to make sure which tensioner he actually wanted, so I could best answer his question.

I just happend to catch the word "serpentine belt" and gave the numbers.
Running VERY low on sleep this week and just jumped in with the number for him. Sorry if I confused you also.
Same here Chongo, when I did the WP I also did some other jobs at the same time. So, I guess I kinda assumed that he would be doing more than just the WP. My bad.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard