Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I agree, great work.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
LOL, no SIR Contour in my garage. I met up with Kevin, so we snapped a few quick pics... Actually, Kevin's garage is very nice. (Thanks for helping me out brother!)

On to the lights. They came out pretty good, almost exactly how I planned for them to look. Gotta say that they are definately a huge pain in the ass to make. I could have made 5 sets of projector headlights in the same amount of time it took to build that one set of Tails...

The major issue is sealing them properly. This is especially important considering that our Tails are designed in such a way that the bulb assemply is located OUTSIDE of the trunk area. What this means is that you have to be really careful not to offset the geometry of the modified tail lights, or else you will be pleasently rewarded with a trunk full of water...

As far as making these for CEG, guys I really appreciate your trust in me to make a set for you... However, after enduring the Projector Headlights disaster, mass producing these is not in my future plans. Sorry to disappoint, but it is what it is...

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It is good to see people are still excited about these cars, 5-6 years after Ford axed them.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:
First reaction----> "Bad. Ass."

1998 Ford Contour Se 2.5 litre Silver frost
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by paul martin:
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:
First reaction----> "Bad. Ass."

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
pretty neat! wassap with the LEDs on the side?

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
and at the same time

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Looking great Milan!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by mikey boy:
pretty neat! wassap with the LEDs on the side?

I initially wanted to do the round clusters only. But when I mounted them up on the car before I sealed the lenses, I realized that there was way too much empty space in the lights. Plus the lights could not be seen from a side angle. So I mounted three small LED bars on each side so that I am well visible from all angles...

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
how about a how-to and/or some pointers for us?

i wanna know how you got them smooth

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by JeSuSToUr:
how about a how-to and/or some pointers for us?

i wanna know how you got them smooth

If you mean clear, then that is simple. All Mystique lenses come with dual reflectors. Basically, the outer is a clear red plastic and the inner is a fluted clear plastic lense. Once you separate the lenses from the assembly, you then separate the clear from the Red. And that is all she wrote.

As far as a How-To, I may do one some day.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard