Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
I think that if a guy with Terry's experience cracking MTX-75s has two essentially identical failure cases that ran MTL (first MTXs to use it that he'd seen, he said) and were lousy with metal goop, I can stand to listen to his analysis and spend the money on changing over to the Ford recommended spec. That's what it comes to for me.

Come on now. Terry is good at what he does but that doesn't mean he knows about redline or even cares to experiment with non ford products. His recommendation on products is fine if that is what you want to run. However, just to see a gunked up transmission and blame the fluid isn't a death warrant. I'm sure Terry has some 'qualifier' such as "from the two transmissions he's seen", or something similar that INDICATES he isn't saying it as an ABSOLUTE FACT about that fluid.
I'm fairly certain the metal paste and gunk had been in there a long time. I know that I ran Redline for over a year and I had less metal flake in it than when I ran fresh ATF. I also had no gunking, AND I have pictures to back my points up. What about these other claims I seen no pictures from them?
Besides, I'm a one-owner on this 99 Ford and I didn't change my ATF out until about 38K miles. I saw what it was when it came out and I've changed fluid no less than 5 times since then with different types. I lived with MTL the longest and there is nothing negative about that fluid. I am now going to MT90 but that is besides the point.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black