You know what Todd? You got an issue with something I say you should approach it in a fair reply to my post, i.e. the metal issue; not bury it amongst a bunch of pictures. Otherwise, I would use PMs as I did when I first tried to point out that there was a lack of objectivity here. Obviously you weren't going to be objective about this in the first place so I wasted my time in the pm and I'm probably wasting my time here now. I haven't ever had a problem with you before and I don't intend to start it now.
However I have some questions:

1.)If that one transmission used Ford Honey, WHY IS THE FLUID ON THE BEARING RACE FRIGGIN RED?

2.)Why on the one with the straight ATF are there wipe marks on the inside of the case?
3.)Also, rainbow coloration on the gear teeth? I'll have to see a much better photo than that one before I agree that it is there as we can't really see it; I'll also have to see a photo of it before it was rebuilt by Terry to insure that it wasn't preexisting, meaning caused by the usage and fluid formerly used before he worked on it. That coloration won't go away so it would have stayed there up to now even if it was preexisting.

You know I've opened up many transmissions and unless the transmission was recently cleaned...less than a year on the fluid, they all have that same slightly dark residue, many about as bad. My factory fill had the same crap with almost as much sludge but with a stock differential!
After 1.5 years of MTL I had minor build up on the magnet though I did flush my trans after break-in.

I'll admit that the sludge on his magnet is a bit excessive for a year!
However, I will also be the first to point out that it looks like that is the same fluid it was broken in with, meaning he never changed fluid after he broke in the new parts in the trans. Contrary to popular belief, NEW, friction based ATBs like Torsens and Quaifes are going to generate quite a bit of metal particles as those planetary gears start to wear down and smooth out.
He probably wouldn't get that kind of buildup on his transmission if it was properly flushed out after the break-in process. One reason it can get so bad is that all of the particles from the break in process will act as an abrasive over time, making more particles and increasing the wear.

If you OR Terry has an issue with me saying that the break in process will produce metal particulates AND that you will see the flake in the oil, then either you aren't quoting him correctly or you are both wrong. Don't forget that MY definition of metal flake and your/his definition of metal flake may not be equal. We aren't talking friggin nuggets here.

Now, all of that being said, I'm still open to seeing if the additives in Redline are problem causing. That is still apparently undecided as I can see two or three discrepancies just from the explanations and the photos.

I have nothing to gain by using or not using Redline. I just can't see what appears to be a great product by almost all accounts suddenly turned into a bad product by one opinion and no facts, or UNCONTROLLED conditions.

I'm going to invite one of the Redline engineers to view this topic and defend themselves.

What about the differential makers? Do they have an issue with redlines lubrication specs?

Crap, I wasted so much time addressing each and every possible source of error

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black