Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Quote:

1.)If that one transmission used Ford Honey, WHY IS THE FLUID ON THE BEARING RACE FRIGGIN RED?

2.)Why on the one with the straight ATF are there wipe marks on the inside of the case?

As an objective 3rd party,

1. the transmission using honey did not appear to have any red atf.

2. He stated that in all fiarness he had wiped them lightly, but I do believe it would have taken quite a bit of cleaning to match pete's car, and it REALLY did not appear that they were thoroughly cleaned. Keep in mind that these transmissions had quite a bit more mileage.

Here is the pic, that Todd posted, that was suppose to use the Ford Honey...

Not only can you see the red fluid in the cap, located in the center, but you can see someone wiping the case.

Not to say this was rigged, but War pointed some things out that I noticed as well and since it was questioned... Well, I just wanted to point out what we both saw in the pics.

Also, I'm not real sure why the MTX-75 would be the only tranny out there with these problems, using Redline MTL. I mean, yeah I could see it if you used one of their dif fluids, but not the MTL.

If we could find other cars with different trannys with the same issues, then I would start to think otherwise. But, the product has been around for so long, there would have to be others out there with these same issues if it was the fluid that was failing. Wouldn't it?

I will look forward to hearing what someone from Redline would have to say about this. This post will be locked, at least until we can put together a MTX-75 FAQ or this is resolved.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime