Originally posted by todras:
The SHO guys really like GM synchromesh. It's pretty pricey though. About as much as Honey from what I recall.

Also funny Demon isn't running MTL any longer. I do recall seeing his post now abouy Penn. synchromesh. Sounds pretty scientific. Run it until it shows an issue and then go with something else.

Syncromesh is $5 per quart. Get your facts straight. (sorry forgot who I was asking )

I switched to Syncromesh when I did the 3L. Syncromesh was only $4 a qt and it was local. I had used Syncromesh on both Mitsu's (ConQuest & Eclipse) with great success so I went with it. 2 years later and it's doing great. It was replaced at the 1 year mark because I sheared an axle. (last fall at the track) It came out looking as fresh as the new stuff.

When I ran the cocktail the fluid came out black and had a horrid smell to it. I changed it every year. This is part of the reason why I stopped recommending ATF and say if you do run ATF you had better change it every year. It has ZERO longevity and below average protection!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.