Hdbngr8

Please do! Get more technical information and post it.
I am pretty much convinced that when redline talks about FM in their oil they are talking about the blending of the base oils and NOT an additive like an external friction modifier.

They don't smell the same at ALL. The lube with FM added to it smells like fuel or something when it is pulled out! I can only guess that to reduce friction the FM actually breaks down the molecules in the oil to reduce slipperyness. I'm guessing they are long, straight chain molecules designed to slide on each other for a while in order to provide the lubrication protection and this FM breaks up a percentage of those molecules depending on how much is added. This to me would be very bad because of the excessive wear.
I'm also gonna reiterate the point I made a long time ago that as long as the diff is operating and the synchros are working correctly over the correct temperature range then there is no need for additional additives to adjust friction.
Now that you are bringing up how the FM corrodes the metal at the point of high pressure I beginning to wonder even more about the amount of wear that was caused by it before hand!
I used ATF+FM one time and the wear rate and fluid was sooo dark that it was horrible. The fluid stank as I already stated and it came out like water. I thought it was just the atf that was poor but I'm beginning to think it was the FM added to the ATF. I've been in contact with Torsen over this issue for a while but it is hard to pin down the exact cause of the excess noise/wear because I have such a high torque motor and that could easily contribute more wear.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black