Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Perhaps because Ford changed the spec from ATF to gear oil?

What? Is Ford Honey a gear oil?

The only documentation produced has said ATF or Ford Honey, when/where has it been said to use a gear oil?

Somewhere in the distant past of CEG I posted the spec sheet for Ford "honey". IIRC it said that it was a GL4 85W95 gear oil. I don't remember clearly what viscosity it is, but I do remember clearly that it was GL4. That would have probably been three or four years ago.

Ford Honey is a fully synthetic GL4 85W90 GEAR OIL.

Like Big Jim said this information has only been posted for about 3 YEARS now! Before that you had to read the Ford reports to find it's specs.

12/99 was when Ford stated the TSB change to the "new Honey" fluid. That will be 6 YEARS this December.

There sure are a lot of people that think this is all new information.

The funniest part about this whole thing is my only issue was with the original poster ignorantly blaming the MTL for being "too thick" and causing his NEGLECT damage. Unfortunately the majority of the folks everywhere jumped on this band wagon without a freakin' clue in the world. Some of them even defend the original post still.

I'll gladly cut my loses as I have much more important things to do then to try and talk to an ignorant brick wall. I've wasted enough of my time.

'nuff said.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.