Originally posted by Rishodi:

Hm, do we really have to go over this again? It's because it costs $20 a freaking quart! $8/quart for MTL or Synchromax is expensive enough to me, so there's no way I'm buying the friggin honey if I can find something nearly as good for less than half that ridiculous price.

*sits back and waits a few months for people to find something horribly wrong with RP*

Umm think of how much $ he spent on all those fluids?! The Mobil 1 and FM are about $26 alone. I can't beleive you just responded with that! No logic. He would have saved $ going with Honey long ago. Anywho I just got a reply from an email I sent off to Royal Purple. A little too short IMO. Didn't really answer my questions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:04 PM
To: rpautotech@royalpurple.com
Subject: Synchromax?

To whom it may concern,

I'm trying to find out if you can provide some sulfer
specs on RP synchromax? I'm trying to find out the
sulfer content in it. Also what is the weight of it?
I'm trying to find a lube that is as close to Ford's
XT-M5-QS spec WSD-M2C200-C gear oil for the MTX-75
manual transmission. Also another member of
contour.org sent and email to you and this was in the
reply...We have tested the Synchromax in this Ford
World Car platform in Europe for several years through
our Italian distributor. Can you tell me what kind of
tests are performed?
Thanks for all the help! -Todd Rasmussen

Response from Royal Purple:

Synchromax has the viscosity of an ATF. But with film strength that ATF does not have. Synchromax does not use a typical Gear oil EP ad pack. So it is non corossive.

Unlike some companies that just bench test oil Royal Purple test transmission fluids in transmissions that are in cars. We started testing Synchromax about 6 or 7 years ago in our race cars and about 5 years ago in our street cars. To date we have not had a lubricant related transmission failure with Synchromax.

Thanks
Patrick Burris
Technical Advisor
Royal Purple Ltd.
1-888-382-6300 ext 241
Direct 281-577-5041
cell 713-705-9201

Also if anyone hasn't looked on RP's website take a look here under the transmissions that the Honey/XT-M5-QS is spec'd for.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me