Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
I am on week 3 with RP in the tranny and the difference is still quite noticeable. I have been through the gambit of fluids over the years, starting with stock, cocktail, MTL, ATF+3 and now Syncromax. Syncromax is by far the best for me in my transmission. Most of my fluid experimentation was done with the intention of finding something that shifted better in my colder climate. It's about this time of the year when the temp has fallen into the 50's (daytime) 30's (overnight) that the stiffer shifting becomes apparent, as of yet I haven't noticed a difference. It may be due to the fluid being relatively new but I don't think so. I will continue to report on this as it gets colder and the fluid gets older.

And just think of the time and $ you could have saved by going with the spec'd Honey in the first place. Why would you randomly put different fluids in your trans?

There was nothing random about it. The first change with Mobil1 was prior to the Honey being available, the second was when everyone was initially going on about how good MTL was and how much smoother the shifting was. The switch to ATF+3 was done as recommended by members here for problematic trannies. The RP Syncromax was next in line for me to test, this thread just happened to coincide with my change.
I have spoken with a few local members who have informed me that Ford Honey is brutal for shifting in cold weather. Why would I spend an outrageous amount of money on something that someone else has already proven not to work? The Honey may be fantastic for moderate to warm climates but when it's -30 outside it sucks. BTW if I were to add up the cost of all the fluid changes combined, together they might equal the cost of the Honey

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km