ok i made the turbo kit for my lightning, so why couldnt i fab up a kit for a contour??? does this car use some kind of magical technology that makes my abilities just vanish when it comes to constructing something???

i really did pay a buck for the car, it was essentially a gift from an aunt since i helped take care of her before she went into an assisted living complex.

i realize that it would take a few hours on a dyno to get the tune all lined out and running properly. also, i know that i would also have to upgrade the fuel pump and run larger injectors, probably gen2 lightning 42lb'ers. i realize the crap auto trans would probably die after a while, so obviously a rebuild would be in order sometime in the future.

now trust me im not trying to be a know all here, because i know very little about these wrong wheel drive cars. ive also dabbled in the turbo 4cyl fords. if a t3 turbo like i was referring to earlier made 150hp non intercooled on a 2.3 that normally aspirated made about 85-90 hp at the wheels, why wouldnt something vaguely similar happen on a contour that is probaby making 130hp or so at the wheels. this isnt going to be some 300 hp drag strip terror like others on this board, just something thats a little quicker.

like i said i am not claiming to be some know it all but some of the crap some of you guys are saying just doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

'96 Contour GL ATX 2.5 v6 -- Daily Driver '93 SVT Lightning -- The Toy