Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
The Contour/Mystique/Cougar have 4 wheel independant suspension. So yes the back suspension are all independant.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I know you said you want something local but im about to sell my car real soon.

99 Se sport with 56.*** miles on it, Trans was replaced about 20k ago and i have all the paper work from whens its been in the shop.

Car has always been waxed cleaned and garaged for the last 5 years. Tune ups have also been done and oil changes on time as well. Im looking to get at least 3k for it.

Lmk when your serious and we shall see if im ready to buy my new car by that time as well.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Want my Duratec MTX for $1500?

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DcShoesCo:

I'm in the same position as the guy below, but i live in montreal, can you tell me where exactly you've seen 1998 Contour SE V6 MTX for around 3000?

I'm interested in a SE

And another question, i'm new to contyque.. The back suspention of the Contour SE is all independant? or it's a beam?

Thanks

sorry for my english

No problem for the english, PM me in french if you prefer.

I saw they Contour SEs on http://www.hebdo.net Go to Recherche Avance and specify manuelle in the key words. There's at least one or two that appear. You can also look into www.lespac.com .

Hope it helps...

Eric

PT Cruiser Limited 2002 MTX of course! Mystique 1998 V6 MTX Sold.
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Thanks Eric,

Saw those one thanks.

The contours come with the zetec (version 4 cylinder) or only after XX years?

The duratec 2.5 V5 is the same as the cougar v6 2002? (I've previously owned that vehicule)

Is the contour weigth the same as the Cougar?

I was very sad abotu the performance of my cougar, prefered the one of my focus ZX3, especially for handling.

Now i have a ford Escape, but need a second car, and contour, for the price, is a good option.

Is it a big difference with performance with the ZETEC and the DURATEC??

And one last thing.. are we able to get the svt body kit for the contour?

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
4 cyl and V6 versions of the Contour are availible in all model years. As is a MTX and ATX option. The Cougar and Contour are very similar in weight. It has been often argued that either weighs less then the other. There is SVT parts availible for 98+ model years and if you look hard enough may be able to procure an SVT pre 98 front end if you were to decide to go pre 98. Many will argue the 95 se is one of the best models on the market and can be on par with the SVT for handling. (not that I am biased ) Certianly not a choice to be overlooked if you want a great bang for buck. As for the differences between MTX versions of either engine I can tell you first hand the V6 is a hoot to drive vs the Zetec. However that said the Zetec hooked to the MTX tranny is a great little car that can get out of its own way. Having driven the ATX versions of both cars I would say that the ATX robs far to much power from the 4 cyl. It certianly is not a bad mate for the V6 however. If you look at my sinature you will see peformance that I have gotten for both cars at the track. Both time the driver was me. In my opinion the 16.9 from the zetec is fairly decent for the engine. I don't feel that I am the strongest driver at the track and someone else likley would get better #'s from my cars. Hope this helps to answer your questions.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Thanks for the answer.

Pre 98 SVT body kit can be obtain thru a ford dealer?? Junk yard??? Or classified? Where did you get yours?

The zetec in the contour is a DOHC or an inline? Saw couple of site talking about a 4 inline, and soem other a DOHC, is it the same thing? Same engine as a focus ZX3?

Well i'll will go for a 95 SE for sure.. it's more in my budget for this second car.

And wanna make this car a project car too, to learn mechanic, so i will do all the mod myself.. Had done a couple myself on my focus and cougar.

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Yes the Zetec is a DOHC engine. As for getting the PRE98 SVT ground effects kit. All peices are available from the dealer except for the front bumper. The SVT skirts and rear bumper from the 98+ will bolt right on to the pre 98.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Come on, Chris.
You know the 95 SE is the best of the best!
Why settle for something less?

E

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
What's the difference between the GL and the SE??

A 95 Gl with a duratec is as good as a 95 SE ??

Difference are in the suspension?? Interior? Exterior??

If it's only in the spoiler, well no probleme i'll find one in a junkyard and put it on the GL. If it's on the suspention, well that's might be a problem

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard