Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by bigerik:
Come on, Chris.
You know the 95 SE is the best of the best!
Why settle for something less?

E

If I found one with decent mileage and a body in good shape, I would have bought another for sure. In any case, my search is over, as I am picking up this tonight.

Autotrader Ad

Not a lot of people here will like it but it will make the three cars that I have that have, all with forced induction.

I went overboard on the amount I was going to spend (originally) but I came into some $$$$ that helped make up the difference.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy a white car

Congrats though!

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Really? A Grand-prix? I see the price is WAY over your original sum.

95 Contour GL 2.5L ATX Minor mods
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by cawong11:
I went overboard on the amount I was going to spend (originally) but I came into some $$$$ that helped make up the difference.

I guess, that's just a tad more then you planned on........

Does this one remain stock? Only time will tell.

I like it, even if it's white.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yes Jeff, I went way over the original spending limit.

I really didn't want a red car, and then there was silver. Gees, 3 silver cars in the stable, nope, decided against it even though there was a lower mileage silver one that another dealer was going to match the price as for the white one. Difference was that the silver one had been side swiped, the driver's front door was damaged and repainted, and.............. it had no balls compared to the white one. I saw a red one, but I am totally against bright red as I just never had good luck with bright red cars. Black, well, worse than white to keep clean, though looks great when clean.

In the end, I got brand new tires (free, though the originals would pass certification), brakes serviced all around (new pads and rotors machined, though originals would pass certification), a free alignment, usual basic certification stuff, the car was detailed (I gave it a pass, though could have been better), 4 year extended warranty (at dealer cost), two factory keyless remotes (none were with the car when it was returned to dealer), and I will be picking up a Kodak 4MP camera (C330) with printer docking station on Thursday which I get for free.

Stock, heh, you know it won't stay stock for long. Possible plans for the future as follows, and in no particular order.
1. Replace stock speakers as it didn't have the BOSE upgraded speakers, maybe a small sub box, staying with stock head unit since this car will not have a spot in the garage.
2. ASP 3.4" supercharger pulley (15 to 20hp)
3. K&N Intake kit (15hp)
4. Magnecor 8.5mm wires
5. Eibach springs with either GM Performance struts (Konis) or KYB GR2 struts
6. Custom or Borla exhaust system, U bend mod (exit pipe after main converter)
7. Upsize brakes to Impala 12" fronts, maybe rears too (have to confirm fitment)
8. Bigger sway bars
9. Stainless steel brake lines, if available.
10. MSD coil packs (3 of them)
11. Chip or upgraded ECU.
12. Bigger throttle body, if available.

More items may be added, but at the same time, this is a wish list.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Sorry to see you are selling out....
I must say tho, that a friend of mine had three of them, before moving up to a CTS, and they were nice cars. I am sure you are gonna love it. There is something to be said for LOTS of torque....
E

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by DcShoesCo:
What's the difference between the GL and the SE??

A 95 Gl with a duratec is as good as a 95 SE ??

Difference are in the suspension?? Interior? Exterior??

If it's only in the spoiler, well no probleme i'll find one in a junkyard and put it on the GL. If it's on the suspention, well that's might be a problem

Well, just a bit more than a spoiler...
Skirts of course. 15" wheels with 205/60-15 tires. Firmer suspension (both struts and springs) with thicker anti-roll bars. The inside had VERY enthusiastically bolstered seats. The suspension was setup by the great Jackie Stewart, and is the stiffest of any Contour.
After 95, it was all downhill....
And of course, there is the NUN-1 computer, but as that is not SE only, we won't get into that....
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Thanks, and your 95 still running great?? or it's a money pit?

Is it reliable?? i need it basicly to do 30 km per day.. not big

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Post deleted by mbb41

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by cawong11:

Stock, heh, you know it won't stay stock for long. Possible plans for the future as follows, and in no particular order.
1. Replace stock speakers as it didn't have the BOSE upgraded speakers, maybe a small sub box, staying with stock head unit since this car will not have a spot in the garage.
2. ASP 3.4" supercharger pulley (15 to 20hp)
3. K&N Intake kit (15hp)
4. Magnecor 8.5mm wires
5. Eibach springs with either GM Performance struts (Konis) or KYB GR2 struts
6. Custom or Borla exhaust system, U bend mod (exit pipe after main converter)
7. Upsize brakes to Impala 12" fronts, maybe rears too (have to confirm fitment)
8. Bigger sway bars
9. Stainless steel brake lines, if available.
10. MSD coil packs (3 of them)
11. Chip or upgraded ECU.
12. Bigger throttle body, if available.

I knew this was not to be the daily winter beater you were looking for.....
You just can't help yourself..

As for the color, good to stay as far away from red as possible. It's the number 1 color involved in accidents.
3 silver cars would be very bad.
White vs. Black for cleanliness white deffinately wins.

Nice amount of freebies you got too.

Well done!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard