Originally posted by akrump47:
I love the new Mustang GT - but I hope Chevy comes out with a Camaro that looks like the concept, and has an LS2 6 speed combo, for the same price as the GT. Ford needs some stiff competition in this area forcing them to further develop the mustang's powertrain.

IMO the modular engine has been a good idea for Ford, at least in 4.6L form. But Instead of the 5.4 Ford should have developed their 351ci block along the lines of what GM and Mopar have done, and stuffed that in their trucks. Instead they have an engine family that is displacement chalenged and cannot match the output of the competition without FI.

Unless and until Ford comes out with a true competitor to the LS series and Hemi engines, they should at least Bore out the Modular blocks - take the 4.6 to a 5.0, take the 5.4 to a 6.2, and take full advantage of the OHC head layout on those engines. 300 HP from the 4.6 is nothing to get excited about.

I hope that Ford decides to dust-off an old 351ci for one of their "Legend Series"

That'd be killer.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads