Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Indeed a freak occurance! I know it wasnt her fault, but why the hell was a 15 year old driving a vehicle full of children! Let alone driving unsupervised at all?

It indeed was her fault. Hello driving without a license!

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Indeed a freak occurance! I know it wasnt her fault, but why the hell was a 15 year old driving a vehicle full of children! Let alone driving unsupervised at all?

So, you're sayin' that if she had a license this would not have happened...??

Ya, I know what you mean. I'm just bein' a turd.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Did they say they were driving a Bonneville? In that case what were 7 people doing in a 5 passenger vehicle? I dont think they make them 6 passengers anymore and even if they did, it would still be the irresponsiblity on the parents behalf.

I realize that the drivers age has little to do with the accident. But my point is if the parents were more responsible and able to handle the size of their family, especially since they were planning on adopting more, they should have been able to make alternate plans. I'm sorry but getting the kids ready to go to church isnt worth putting the lives of any child at risk by putting an unexperienced driver behind the wheel, regardless to if she had a license.

My parents didnt want me driveing with more than a couple people in the car when I started driving, especially any kids. Kids = distraction and its hard enough to drive when you are an experenced driver.

I'm sorry but not all foster parents run foster homes for the right reasons. This may have been an isolated incident but chances are things of this nature with this family arent uncommon. Even that Aunt didnt see a problem with it.

I dunno, watching innocent lives be taken by ignorance just fires me up! I'm not saying an adult would have made the situation different if they were behind the wheel or inthe passenger seat. But chances are they wouldnt have been there at that exact time if they would have arranged for better transportation.

On another note my guess is the driver had fallen asleep and thats why he didnt stop.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

My parents didnt want me driveing with more than a couple people in the car when I started driving, especially any kids. Kids = distraction and its hard enough to drive when you are an experenced driver.

I agree but in rural areas, young teenagers driving their siblings around, legal or not, is more common than not.

Quote:

I'm sorry but not all foster parents run foster homes for the right reasons. This may have been an isolated incident but chances are things of this nature with this family arent uncommon. Even that Aunt didnt see a problem with it.

You're right, foster homes often aren't run for the right reasons. But since this particularly family was adopting many of their foster children, and therefore forfeiting the state money for caring for them, they were obviously well-intentioned.

And, as for not seeing a problem with it, again, it's just the way things are in rural areas. Having lived in rural areas most of my life it was unusual if you weren't driving by the age of 13. And by that time, the girls in particular, were tasked with providing a lot of care for their siblings.

Quote:

I dunno, watching innocent lives be taken by ignorance just fires me up! I'm not saying an adult would have made the situation different if they were behind the wheel or inthe passenger seat. But chances are they wouldnt have been there at that exact time if they would have arranged for better transportation.

True, but innocent lives would still have been taken -- the 9 children on the school bus that escaped with 'only' serious injuries would have almost undoubtedly been killed if the Bonneville had not been there to take the brunt of the impact. Note that I'm not saying the teen driving the car commited a noble act by 'saving' the children on the bus as she most certainly didn't.

While having a 15 year old chaufeur young children is certainly not the brightest thing in the world to do that act of ignorance is not what killed those children. It would be difficult to draw the conclusion that that act of ignorance even contributed to it, since minor or not, supervised or not, the accident would have almost certainly occured the same way.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

So, you're sayin' that if she had a license this would not have happened...??

Ya, I know what you mean. I'm just bein' a turd.

No, but if she would have obeyed the law (i.e. not driving) they wouldn't have been in the situation. damn old fogees

Ryan Trollin!
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by sigma:
True, but innocent lives would still have been taken -- the 9 children on the school bus that escaped with 'only' serious injuries would have almost undoubtedly been killed if the Bonneville had not been there to take the brunt of the impact. Note that I'm not saying the teen driving the car commited a noble act by 'saving' the children on the bus as she most certainly didn't.

You do make a very good point!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N

No, but if she would have obeyed the law (i.e. not driving) they wouldn't have been in the situation. damn old fogees

Yup. Doesnt matter if every 15 year old drives a car these days, it doesnt make it right. If they would have obeyed the law they would have been alive and the children on the bus would be victims of circumstance. Sucks either way.

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ResidentAdvisor:

Yup. Doesnt matter if every 15 year old drives a car these days, it doesnt make it right. If they would have obeyed the law they would have been alive and the children on the bus would be victims of circumstance. Sucks either way.

If they would have obeyed the law there just would have been an adult in the car to die too. It would have made no difference.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by sigma:

If they would have obeyed the law there just would have been an adult in the car to die too. It would have made no difference.

If they would have obeyed the law less people would have died, as they would have had the infant in a car seat and everyone would have a had a seatbelt, so there would have been less people in the car.

If the car had not been there, I also think less people would have died. The frame of a medium duty truck (school bus) is going to take a blow from a tractor trailer a lot better than a car, not to mention the car wouldn't have been in the middle to cause a fireball.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
What I want to know is what the [censored] was wrong with the truck driver. Let's say his brakes went out. I'd run off the road and sacrifice my own life before running into a car full of people, or much less a school bus! I think he deserves seven convictions of manslaughter.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard